When to tell chief BM I'm pg

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
Wedding is in 7 days. I'll be 6 weeks gone. I just didn't wanna tell anyone apart from family. We're not as close as we used to be-not in a bad way just that we've such hectic lives we don't get to talk as much. My Mom would kill me if she thought I told anyone outside family - haven't even told my little sister as she's only 12 and if anything happened she'd be gutted. I dunno what to do. She hasn't told me much recently until ages after it happened either. thanks
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Why do you have to tell her? If you don't want to tell then don't. If you are worried about drinking etc then just take a glass of champagne or whatever is offered and set it down- you'll be so busy you won't have time to drink anyway. Good luck and enjoy the wedding!
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I'd tell her after 3 months, the 12 week stage is when people tell others so that is what i would do. Your families know and that is all that matters, keep it as your little secret till then or until when your good and ready. Congrats by the way, great news and i hope you have a fab wedding day. :o)ll
StayShiny Posts: 1078
I agree with sunnyside, you'll be saying hello and thank you for so long, noone will notice and then just when you think you'll get a break, it'll be thank you for coming & goodbye :o0 it's ye're secret to keep or not don't feel pressure at all enjoy the bubbly feeling & big CONGRATS wifetobe of course :o)ll
MrsK07 Posts: 454
I would hold off as well until after the wedding at least. Maybe the word would spread on the day of the wedding. The glass of champagne is the only drink you will have that every one will see. I hardly had any of the wine at the top table as I was so thirsty and drank water with the meal. You could always have a few sips. Nobody else sees what your drinking after the dancing starts. Have a fab day. Imagine there will be 3 of you at the top of the aisle.