When to test? On Pill but no sign of AF?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wildflower Posts: 303
Hi all, I hope someone can help me who knows more about this stuff than I do. Basically I missed a pill a couple of weeks but took next one as soon as I remembered within the 12 hours. Took last pill of cycle last Fri, would have expected AF on Sunday but no sign. TMI alert!! I have a bit of light brown discharge today. Is it time to take a test or is it too early? Strangely feel very excited at the prospect!
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Sometimes your period can be very light on the pill and missing it altogether wouldn't be unknown, but I would say that more than likely the brown stuff is the start of it. You took the pill you missed within the 12 hours, so you should have been covered fine as long as you didn't miss any more. Of course if you want to completely put your mind to rest about whether or not you are just go ahead and do a test, would be one sure way to bring on AF in my experience :o0
Jees I'm actually a bit disappointed with that!! I might see anyway, maybe do a test tomorrow if there's no sign of anything more "definite".
bride20091 Posts: 140
Hey I am in similar situation except I was over the 12 hours taking the pill, like you strangely excited, gonna leave it a few days though, not due af until yesterday/today but I dont have the usual cramps etc... Keep us updated...
Ooh really?! You keep us posted too - will be thinking of you.
Will do.. Very exciting although not sure dh would agree... We have 3 already!!!
Well the test was negative...pretty disappointed actually. Although to be honest (as you can see from my ticker) wedding is in 5 weeks, and I have my hen weekend away and my hen in Dublin before then...so it wouldn't have been great timing. I'll do the second test in the morning just in case anyway but looks like that's it.
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Aw, but you wouldn't want to be sick for the wedding. Are ye planning on ttc straight away? Or will you have to broach it with him and convince him that you are super broody :o0
Awww thats a pity but with the wedding/hen coming up, you'll want to enjoy them fully.. Still no af for me, gonna leave it until tomorrow though, any sign of yours now?
No still no sign...some slight discharge but nothing like normal. Tested again this morn just in case and got another BFN. We are planning on TTC pretty much straight away but I'm on lots of meds for Crohns Disease at the mo so need to get that sorted first! Don't worry, H2B is well aware of my broodiness :o0