When too early to buy baby things?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vivaladiva Posts: 864
..........keep seeing bargains but im wondering if its too early etc to buy?! Im probably listenin to my mother too much as shes supersitcious but i want to have all early to spread the fianicial side of things too if ye know what i mean! When did you buy your first items for baby?!
shells08 Posts: 101
i know what your saying, at the start i was weary about buying anything, but after our 12 wk scan at xmas we bought our travel system in the jan sales, just couldnt pass it as it was reduced so much. We've picked up wee bits a bobs of clothing, but to be honest ive found theres not much unisex selection, we dont know what we're having so trying to stick to nutral colours, otherwise id have a wardrob full lol!
vivaladiva Posts: 864
Thanks for that Shells08! Yeah ive my 12 wks scan now on 16th so was half thinkin of startin then but afraid of what others may say ya know! I know i cd put the money in an account as i have been doin but wd love to see the wee nursery fillin up slowly to make it all more real like! Prob not makin much sense at all!
no i know what u mean, im the same, ive a whole blue room and pink room picked out :) our hospital dont tell the sex of the baby and we'd really like to know so thinking of waiting to do up the nursery after the babies born, it will be in our room anyway for the first few months so that'll give us plenty of time. I intend to have all the furniture and that though, like cot and changing table etc. its noce to be organsied, i find it so surprising how excited i get over the tiniest thing, i bought a disney thumper dungaree set the other day and took it everywhere to show people, i know im sad lol
no i know what u mean, im the same, ive a whole blue room and pink room picked out :) our hospital dont tell the sex of the baby and we'd really like to know so thinking of waiting to do up the nursery after the babies born, it will be in our room anyway for the first few months so that'll give us plenty of time. I intend to have all the furniture and that though, like cot and changing table etc. its noce to be organsied, i find it so surprising how excited i get over the tiniest thing, i bought a disney thumper dungaree set the other day and took it everywhere to show people, i know im sad lol