When you get Induction Date?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi all, when I go back to hosp on Fri for a scan the doc told me she'd give me a date then for induction....What Id like to know is how do they give you the date? Do they wait til your 10 are up or do they just put you down for whatever day you want or how do they pick it? Reason I ask is cuz we'll be heading for Easter the next wkend so just curious as to how they give the date??? Thanks in advance :wv
pudlow Posts: 343
Babsdel with my first it was 10 days from due date. I was due 1st april and they took me in on 10th for induction.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
But if your day ten is over the Easter weekend, they won't bring you in. When is day ten? I would say they will do it on the Wednesday or wait till the Tuesday after Easter. Depends on which one is closer to ten and I'd say they rather go under than over. Best of luck!
Thanks girls, I will actually be ten days over Thurs so hopefully they will bring me in early next wk if not gone before hand, doc said at last scan though she'd expect me to go myself as head was low down and cervix soft so hopefully I will go myself, thanks girls :wv
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
depends what hospital you are in, for example in holles st the earliest they will induce is 40+12. i know it's really hard going at this stage and every day overdue is like an eternity but i was induced at 12 days over and wish i had waited til 14 days over. you have so much more chance of it going smoothly, happening quickly and less interventions the longer you wait, not to mention giving yourself a couple of extra days to go yourself. if you are private they will bring you inover the weekend if you want, not sure if not.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Yes depends on the hospital. I am with Holles st and had the post dates scan at 12 days over and all was fine and they told me to come back two days later for induction, which was a Sunday. So I was 14 days over being induced but induction failed...apart from the gel succeeding to break my waters themselves and gave me contractions but ended up with an emergency section at 42+2. All was fine though. Best of luck.
O thanks girls, that's good to know and keep in mind. :wv
McDanny Posts: 1435
Are you going to Portlaoise? I was given a date for induction that was 9 days over and told there would be a private room available that day (it did make me wonder what they'd do if I went into labour spontaneously :o0 ) It was a Tuesday and I honestly got the impression that they did inductions on Tuesday & Thursday (I could be wrong about that but mine was a Tuesday and there were 4 of us all lined up and waiting for induction that morning). It was like a race to the finish line and I was last to deliver :o0 Best of luck!
Yeah i heading to portlaoise.That was good,was that long ago?yeah ill be 10days over but that be holy thurs so i'm hoping they'll bring me in early nxt wk!That would be great.Were you private or public patient?Private room would be great
McDanny Posts: 1435
Hi babsdel, I've replied to your PM.