Where are all the hotel offers???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hipbaby Posts: 4530
I must be missing something everyone is talking about hotel offers and I can't seem to find anything half way reasonable!! I want to take my parents away for a 2 night break and I want to go with them with my 2 dd's. The cheapest I can get for 2 rooms for 2 nights B&B + 1 evening meal is €509??! Thats with the girls staying for free! Surely there has to be something cheaper than that?? Anyone come across any good deals in decent hotels somewhere on the west coast preferably or the East (South is too far for 2 nights!)
Claregirl1982 Posts: 71
Try www.hotels.com you should find something nice there. Else you could try www.hostelworld.com if you're looking for something basic. O-O
bangel Posts: 2285
Is that weekend or midweek? Places are cheaper midweek if you are able to go then.
Its a mid week break, I checked out that hotels.com its really good!! Thank you! :thnk
mrsblacky Posts: 440
Have you tried d4 hotels? http://www.d4hotels.ie/ They have got some great deals and you pay per room and not pp! A few of us from work booked in there for a night out recently and we all booked the family rooms thinking they'd be more spacious for getting ready and we weren't wrong... in all the family rooms, there was a single bed, double bed and a sofa bed made up for us even though there was only two in the room!! There is a deal at the moment for 2nights B&B + 1 dinner for €129 and that price is per room and kids are free... such a great deal!! You probably aren't thinking of a weekend away in the city but there really is so much to do!! D4 Hotels are near the Dart Station so you could have a day trip to the beach! Go to the Zoo! Go shopping etc etc....
Posted twice sorry! my parents live in Dublin so a weekend in the city mightn't be good for them!! Might check galway though!
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Heard on TV3 this morning the Four Seasons in Carlingford are doing a special offer at the mo- 2nights B&B and 1 evening meal for €99pps midweek/ €120 at weekends. Two kids go free if they share bedroom with folks Think you have to quote TV3 promo when booking- sounds like a good deal!
nutcake Posts: 1168
you should check out supervalu breaks aswell, 2 nights b&b plus i evening meal 99 euro pps
I checked out supervalu and tried to sort it but because we want 2 rooms and only 1 adult in a room with 2 children they wouldn't process it O:| strange! That hotels.com is offering B&B at rivercourt in kilkenny for 99 a night which isn't bad. Anyone know is there much to do with children in Kilkenny??
Babydoll82 Posts: 313
there is brilliant park in killkenny castle and eddie rockets for ice cream after! Not sure what else there is there