Where are you having your reception?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsbrowneyedgirl28 Posts: 820
My head is melting..I really need your help! Have 4/5 venues in mind for this time next year-vary from Dublin city centre to Cavan. I can't decide and am stressed up to the eyeballs :o( Tell me where you are having your reception and in describe in one line why you picked there..thanks :-8
newyear09wife Posts: 899
Ballykealey manor Hotel, ballon co. Carlow for us because... there add says... prepare to be enchanted and thats what happened from the minute we saw it peeping thru the trees at the end of the drive we fell in love with it and this was only compounded by the fact that we were made a fuss of and made very welcome even though we were only collecting a brochure.... we had considered a kinnity castle wedding but when it came down to it ballykealey won our hearts and it had nothing to do with budget (though balykealey is about 1/3 the price but thats just a bonus)
cabrabride Posts: 185
I am having my reception in Cabra Castle, in Kingscourt, Co Cavan, its a great venue if you are into the castle style type venue and not a modern up to date hotel, the food is absolutely great there and they are so nice to deal with, might be a bit of a distance for you if you are based in Dublin
Greece Posts: 1800
Clontarf Castle in Dublin. Its magical, the place is full of character and history which I feel a lot of the more modern hotels these days are lacking, a mixture of modern with the very old, for a once in a lifetime wedding - it had to be a castle for me. Good luck- where have you got in mnd!
Valkstar Posts: 2747
Ballybeg House, Co. Wicklow. Because we get it for a whole weekend, and everyone there will be for the wedding
bashful Posts: 307
Barberstown, once you view it you will know........
mrsbrowneyedgirl28 Posts: 820
going to view it on Saturday :thnk
bumble Posts: 1980
Tinakilly House in Wicklow - i just love it's olde world charm, the log fires, perfect for our cosy winter wedding!
Bright Star Posts: 756
We're having ours in Adare Manor in Co limerick--its fabulous!!! *)
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
---------
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9