Where can i get a hospital bag set?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi Does anyone know where i can get a nice hospital bag set? I want to buy this soon so i can start adding stuff to them each week. M
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I know a couple of the girls on the July thread have bought this set from Argos, it's in the sale for €15, bargain & I think it's fab! [img:2d0aavsn]http://www.argos.ie/wcsstore/argos/images/30-2862136A69UC444753X.jpg[/img:2d0aavsn]
That's cool!!!!
babybuzz Posts: 474
girls are you seriously saying that your fitting everything into the big bag (the lbour bag is ok size) god what am i going to do :eek :eek
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
I got this set and i've both bags full of stuff.. the little one for labour and the big bag is stuffed with all my other stuff.. Oh i hope i don't get strange looks walking into Mullingar hospital (i'll look like i should be in the airport).. :o0
god is the big bag bigger than it looks.... sweetcheecks you wont be getting the looks i will! now the suitcase that i have isnt massive but its bigger than that bag. now i have to say that bag set is lovely i might have to purchase that but i know hubby will go mad if i start buying bags!!!
SuzyC Posts: 335
Labour bag???? I have had 2 babies and both times I had nothing for the labour except hubby and midwives. I dont know what I would want .. even if you were allow it. My first I had a 21hr labour and wasnt even allow suck a polo mint :eek (just incase I had to have a section)
suzy at my anti-natal class hey told us to seperate and have a labour bag... things in the labour bag are baby clothes and nappy (just one) toilitres - as you might get a shower before you get back to the ward towel - as above nighdress - to put on you in labour and a spare just in case knickers and pads camera the hospital dont want us brining in our big bag until were on the ward...
theoracle Posts: 7664
You don't get a shower till back on maternity ward. I have to support suzy in that my 'labour bag' consisted of plastic carrier bag containing a babygro, vest and nappy. I already had my stuff on (as in nightdress etc) and they put the first pad and pants (cortesy of hospital) on you after delivery. All other stuff (reserve nightie, pads, knickers aso) stayed on mat ward in my hospital bag of which I had only one. I had one medium sized bag alltogether.
So would you recommend going in to the hospital in your nightie, dressing gown and slippers? Or would that look a bit mad? :o0