Menu

Where did you meet your Partner to be?!

Go to Relationships

futuremrskelly
Mini Wolly

Re: Where did you meet your Partner to be?!

Postby futuremrskelly » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:35 am

Great stories ladies, feeling the love!!
@casualbride - tell her to go for it!!!
I really didnt want to meet my H2B for a "date" as i said i didnt like the look of him! How wrong was I. He is the best thing that ever happened to me, and we are complete opposites!! :xox :xox

Smallensmall
New Wolly

Postby Smallensmall » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 am

Met my husband when I started in a new job after I had left my previous job because Id had a 2 year relationship with one of my colleagues and it had ended and working together was really difficult.
I swore Id never get with someone in work again and then I met him !! Tried my best to not get with him but happily I gave in in the end :-) 1 month married tomorrow :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

futuremrskelly
Mini Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:22 am

Smallensmall wrote:Met my husband when I started in a new job after I had left my previous job because Id had a 2 year relationship with one of my colleagues and it had ended and working together was really difficult.
I swore Id never get with someone in work again and then I met him !! Tried my best to not get with him but happily I gave in in the end :-) 1 month married tomorrow :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Congrats Smallensmall! I couldn't imagine working with my H2B. Very close friend of mine had a business with her partner, was a nightmare!

I'd say that was very awkward working with an ex.. all worked out for the best anyway!

BuzzyBee92
New Wolly

Postby BuzzyBee92 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:06 am

Met my H2B through the Internet, so helpful.

Was on an online dating site just looking to chat as I'd just gotten out of a year long relationship, my longest and it wasn't entirely a mutual breakup.

I was the first to message him even though he looked totally out of my league for a bf i thought we might have a few nice chats but never actually meet up. Of course after 3 months we decided to meet up and go see the Avengers, even though either of us could have been a serial killer neither of us had friends who wanted to go (actually I think mine all went without me! :o( ) Pretty much was love at first sight, think we both looked even better in real life than on the screen .....then I had college exams so couldn't see him for a few weeks and meanwhile had to sceem a more 'appropriate' way to have met him.

My parents think we met through friends, and our 1st date was a double date beach picnic (where he then proposed 4-ish yrs later!) :o0

Octbride_2016
New Wolly

Postby Octbride_2016 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:46 am

We met through a dating website. Moved in five months later, got engaged a year after first meeting, and now we're getting married in two weeks time :lvs

futuremrskelly
Mini Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 am

Great story BuzzyBee92, well done you for going for it! My H2B messaged me initially, and like yourself we were chatting for a few months! He thought I didn't want to meet him(partially true!! but at the time my Sister in law had meningitis and only had a new baby, she was in hospital and my mam and me minding baby, then my granddad fell and broke his hip so it was all go!!)

I was on a Hens one weekend so I had a great excuse, I told my mam that I met him while I was at the hens! That was my get out card! She dropped me off at a local-ish town where I met him for a drink. The rest is history! I have since told her where I actually met him, she just laughed. He however, wouldn't tell anyone the truth, only his brother! as far as they all know we met in a pub, which isn't reallllly a lie!!

John Walsh Guitar
BuzzyBee92
New Wolly

Postby BuzzyBee92 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Ha FutureMrsKelly! Glad I'm not the only one with two stories going around....and sure is great to have friends to deceive with you. Good too that your mother didn't mind in the end :)

My guy isn't too fussed about the story, but as at the time my dad was on Chemo I didn't want to upset him further (he does not like online dating at all!) and although we are passed that it seems weird to turn around and set the story straight. We joke about announcing the truth at the wedding! :o0 but seeing as so far it looks like i'll be the only giving a speech...well we'll see!

CasualBride
Major Wolly

Postby CasualBride » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Lads it's gas, isn't it - the reluctance to admit to meeting online! My brother is the same, he's married to a lovely girl he met online but she's from the opposite end of the country, so you'd think it's fairly obvious that they would have met online seeing as the 2 towns have no connection whatsoever, but they have always told people that they just randomly met in a pub in Dublin!! haha!
I hope the stigma goes away soon cos there are so many people who would love to try online dating but are put off by that negative perception.

Smallensmall, I'm LOLing at you, meeting 2 men through work, having sworn not to after the first one!! Love it!!

I was actually in a relationship when I met my husband.. :eek
Terrible, I know.. But I figured when my head was turned so much by himself, I was clearly not in the right relationship anymore so I had to make a decision and at the time, I was seriously terrified - I had 6 years with my ex and was so happy for a long time, and I really thought that my hubby was just going to be a "bitta craic", I certainly didn't anticipate that we'd fall in love and get married!!
Just goes to show you! :heartbeat:

MrsSparkle2B
Wolly Addict

Postby MrsSparkle2B » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:36 pm

In the pub - but we were friends for years after & slowly turned into a romance. I never thought that first time we met we would be married, mad!

MRSDK2B
New Wolly

Postby MRSDK2B » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Aw, love reading all your stories!
Met my hubbie in a nightclub. He txt me the next day and I never replied, didn't think I liked him that much. :duh:
Then he added me on facebook... I accepted and we started chatting on that and really hit it off. 11 months later we bought a house together. When you know, you know I suppose! Married now 3 months. So happy. :xox

PreviousNext

Go to Relationships