Menu

Where did you meet your Partner to be?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

futuremrskelly Posts: 220
Hi All, Just reminiscing to myself this morning about meeting my H2B! I met mine on an online dating site! From the moment I seen him I knew he was the one - how bloody cheesy I know, but I just knew it. 4 years later, wedding planning underway I cant believe it! After meeting so many p*icks online, when he messaged me I didn't like the look of him!!! and after about 4 months of chatting online & texting, we met, best decision I ever made :lvs :xox
CasualBride Posts: 574
Good stuff!! I keep trying to encourage my friend to try online dating, but as you said, there are so many frogs out there... I met my hubby in the pub! :xxx
Buzzelle Posts: 65
We met in the pub too, through mutual friends O-O
craftyPB Posts: 2625
At my sisters wedding. He was a uni friend of my BiL
maybride2017 Posts: 232
1st year of college, during rag week our eyes met across the smoking area and we stumbled towards each other. Butterflies at first sight, butterflies 8 years later :heartbeat:
lorrimar Posts: 837
1st time we met was in a nightclub, the 2nd time in a bar and the 3rd time a nightclub as well.... It took us 3 times to get there but it was worth it.. :lvs :lvs :lvs
20thMay2017 Posts: 153
Met at a pub quiz, we were paired together to answer questions. We live 5 minutes away from each other but didn't know each other!
Joyce18 Posts: 96
Met in 2nd year of secondary school! Didn't get together until the very end of 6th year though :)
Auburn Posts: 66
Ah lovely stories guys :wv We met at a wedding. We had our first date a week later. Two and a half years later we're planning our wedding. Wedding venue is where we met :xxx
Noisin Posts: 448
Always knew my husband from around. We use to chat every so often on nights out. Was in shock when he asked for my number, was like for what? Was in shock when he told me he wanted to go on a date. Never saw him that way. Didn't think it was a good idea but went on a date, didn't bother contacting each other after, bumped into each other a month later, was so awkward, but the rest is history. He was always right in front of me. I was always too busy dating some other idiot. Shortly after dating he told me he always liked me and always spotted me on nights out, he told me I use to ignore him, ah I just never saw him that way! Some times it's in front of ya and ya just don't know it!!!