where do you buy your work clothes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GigglingMonkey Posts: 514
Hey, just wondering where's the best place to buy work clothes? Need new clothes for work but reasonably priced, good quality clothes that are a bit stylish. Was looking at Next website and they seem to have lovely stuff for work but I've never bought anything in Next before
zoesmama Posts: 2774
When I was working I was a big fan of Next and Wallis for ages. Also liked Reiss but they are a bit more expensive.
macattack Posts: 1617
I buy from Next mostly. Get the odd thing in Dunnes. Have a few pairs of trousers from New Look as well.
Bfp4me2013 Posts: 760
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
M&S do great pencil skirts- I find the lenght better than the Next ones. I love Next for tops though. AWear can have nice stuff too.
betty draper Posts: 728
I get most work clothes in Penneys/H&M or New Look! Have a couple of dresses from Next or ASOS! OT but where's good for a reasonably priced suit? May have an interview coming up and will defo need one - Penney's clothes are not interview material!
macattack Posts: 1617
[quote="betty draper":1q9f5065]I get most work clothes in Penneys/H&M or New Look! Have a couple of dresses from Next or ASOS! OT but where's good for a reasonably priced suit? May have an interview coming up and will defo need one - Penney's clothes are not interview material![/quote:1q9f5065] I forgot to mention Zara. You might get a nice suit in there Betty. They've some lovely stuff. If it's good enough for Kate Middleton it's good enough for me!
I'm not a big skirt person for work although in the winter I do like wearing short skirts, thick tights and boots. All round though I'm a slacks & top kinda person. So I'm looking at buying 3 -4 pairs of trousers and 5-7 tops that I can mix and match with if you get me. Must head over to Next in Liffey Valley next week and see what I can find Saw these tops in New Look....they would be ok for work, wouldn't they? Oh completely forgot about Zara!!!! :duh: Thank you!
[quote="betty draper":4go97o0w]I get most work clothes in Penneys/H&M or New Look! Have a couple of dresses from Next or ASOS! OT but where's good for a reasonably priced suit? May have an interview coming up and will defo need one - Penney's clothes are not interview material![/quote:4go97o0w] Suit....em I got two nice suits years ago in Mango and Dorothy Perkins. They still fit and look well....but I only wear them if I have to i.e interview or funeral
betty draper Posts: 728
thanks ladies, got distracted by shoes(several pairs), this could be a tighter month that i expected ETA - just about to click 'buy' and they don't have my bleedin size!