Where do you get the following.....?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wolaholic Posts: 477
Just wondering about some items on my hospital list. [b:3t5ojn7k]1. Arnica tablets - 2. Lavender oil for bath. Nice combined with tea tree. 3. Big bottle of witch hazel. [/b:3t5ojn7k] Can you get these things in chemists or does it have to be a health food shop? Also what oil for perineal massage? (don't know if I'll be brave enough to do it, also not sure I can still reach :-8 Anything else I should add?
milis Posts: 7998
I got the arnica and lavender on birthease.co.uk but I'd imagine they're available in most health shops. I got witch hazel in the health shop, took me a while to find a health shop that had it, have never seen it in a chemist.
babyluck Posts: 764
hi I got tea tree oil - also good for bath and stitches healing and that is easy to get mcccabes pharmacies are good - the bigger ones and big boots too - that is where I got the tea tree oil I also got arinca tablets - very cheap in boots you cant put cream on stitches arinca reduces swelling and bruising so the tablets are fine also for the massage sweet almond oil - 3 euros in a health food store fortunatly my hubby is helping me with the massage I just cannot reach myself!
missybride Posts: 304
u should be able to get all these things in a chemist. im a pharmacist. if they dont stock them usually they should be able to order them and have them in next day for u. most pharmacies work this way. :) good luck xx
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I got the lavender oil and tee tree oil in Boots at the weekend (they are doing 3 for 2 on the essential oils at the moment). I also got a bottle of witch hazel in boots and it's really inexpensive.. Sorry can't help with the arnica tablets - but am sure boots will do them too!! :wv
Wannabmammy Posts: 59
Hi girlies, just wondering - even though I'm sure its an old wives tale now especially since missy bride is a pharmacist, but I thought you weren't to use lavender oil when your preggers as it can slow the babies heartbeat? I can't remember who even told me...
babaroo Posts: 329
Girls - just my tuppence worth - lavender is ok to user once you dont Over Dose on it - if using it in the bath - use 6 drops of Essential oil in TOTAL - so if your using another oil with it - combined they shouldnt exceed 6 drops. Jasmine is great also for helping with strenghtening contractions. I think its clary sage that makes the baby sleepy not lavender !!!