Where is OUR summer??!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
That looks like a picture from my time living in the desert!! :eek :eek When are we gonna see some more sun. :o(
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ooooh now I wouldn't want it as hot as that, would you? I'm not a sun person at all. Don't get me wrong I love nice Irish sunny days you know? Maybe 20 degrees with a few clouds in the sky, nice light breeze, love that. But 30 degrees with humidity and the grass turning to dust? I'd rather eat me own head!! But yes, I agree with you, a bit of sun would be nice. It's currently pis*ing it down here (Kildare) and grey and dank and miserable. Boooooooooooooo! We're heading off for a few days in Wexford in a mobile home tomorrow and when it's nice and bright and sunny it's lovely, but in that rain it's miserable. Have you ever seen that episode of Father Ted where they go on their holidays to the caravan? And it lashes rain for the whole time and they're stuck in the caravan? Well, it's like that! So fingers crossed it clears up for tomorrow!
:o0 :o0 Love that episode of Fr Ted!!! Hopefully it wont be that bad for ye! Well i lived in Dubai for 3 years, with 40+ temps and high humidity, so London right now would be a breeze! :o0 But we did have great AC everywhere in Dubai, so it was bearable, i do hate the humid sticky nights here too. P*ssing down rain here too, and no let up in sight. :o( Just a nice bright breezy dry 20+C is all im asking for. :weep :weep And worse, i have to leave the house and bring back dvd's and get food for dinner. :duh:
happieout Posts: 3111
//
theoracle Posts: 7664
I do miss a 'proper' summer. Being from the continent, summer usually means dry sunny weather with an occasional shower over June-August period. Here I found summer tends to be few dry weeks over May + june and maybe September if the weather fairy is kind! :)
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Its been the pits for the last 3 days!
[quote="greeniegirl":2csd2iia]I don't think we can complain too much, the weather has been lovely the past couple of months. I do feel sorry for anyone getting married today though. Asking where our summer is is a bit OTT though[/quote:2csd2iia] Well we havent really had anything close to what the UK are getting! We got , what, a week or so of high temps, hot enough to sit out in and BBQ and get a bit of colour, other than that its been either bright dry and fresh, with low temps, or warm, overcast, drizzly and humid. And since July and August are what we traditionally think of as "summer", when the kids are on hols and people take their annual hols, its pretty abysmal, so i dont think its OTT to be honest.
happieout Posts: 3111
//
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Got soaked today and that was walking from work to the car :o( I wish ALL summer was lovely!
theoracle Posts: 7664
Summer only officially starts on 21st June, hence, no, the summer hasn't been great thus far.