Where should I buy wholesale flowers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

outdoorgirl Posts: 610
My friend who is coming over from the US will be doing my wedding flowers in under 3 weeks. We still can't find a decent wholesale florist. They seem to way overcharge. Any reccomendations? Anyone know what prices would be average? Its getting stressful esp for my friend who can't even look forward to coming over for her first holiday here or look forward to the wedding because she's so worried about the flowers. (She has done over a hundred weddings but always in the States).
Asics Posts: 1935
My SIL's Hubbie's mother does flower arrangements for churches she use Eirflowers just outside Naas in Toughers Industrial Estate not sure if this would suit as you don't say where your based. There trade only but I think you can buy from them if you spend over €120 not sure though so your probably better off ringing them :wv
anika Posts: 2194
where are you based. i am a florist and might be able to help out with suppliers.
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
i came across a website, i think after a recommendation from wol, its hth!
Mrspiggytobe Posts: 281
If you are in Dublin why not just go into the flower market? I would think they would be the best value you can get.
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
[quote="Mrspiggytobe":finomk54]If you are in Dublin why not just go into the flower market? I would think they would be the best value you can get.[/quote:finomk54] + 1 if you go in a few weeks bfore with a few pictures of what you want they will order the flowers you will need for you then the day before your wedding you go in and colect the flowers they have the freshest flowers in dublin ...