Where should you place the cot in the nursery?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Ladies, we have our nursery all ready at the moment and I seem to recall reading not to put cot in direct sun light or near a heat source which we haven't. My problem is that the only space we have really is fairly close to the bedroom door? now babs won't be able to grab onto anything as we won't have anything hanging off the back of the door but do you think this is OK?
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
HTH: http://www.which.co.uk/baby-and-child/n ... r-cot-bed/ [b:3lrhzio5]Away from heat sources[/b:3lrhzio5] Babies don’t need especially warm rooms and all-night heating is rarely needed. Babies should never sleep next to a radiator or in direct sunlight. To keep an eye on the temperature, buy a simple room thermometer. [b:3lrhzio5]Away from foot holds[/b:3lrhzio5] Don't leave anything in the cot or place the cot close to another piece of furniture which could provide a foothold and to allow the baby to climb out. If you use cot bumpers (which are generally not recommended due to the danger of suffocation and overheating) remove them when your baby can get up on her hands and knees so she can’t use them to help her climb out. Make sure there are no trailing strings or ties which will pose a strangulation hazard. [b:3lrhzio5]Away from curtains and blinds[/b:3lrhzio5] Strings and cords from curtains and blinds pose a strangulation hazard and can also give the baby something to hold on to and pull themselves out of the cot.