Where to buy a dress query!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LoveACuppa Posts: 296
Hi girls, I'm only 5 weeks, but already seem to have a little belly. Could be due to wind or something :-8 but it's defo there and only going to keep growing...not that I'm complaining...am delighted! :o)ll ...just didn't think it would happen so soon. The thing is, I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and I don't think that anything I have is going to fit me!! Am already practicing excuses as to why I won't be drinking! Has anyone any ideas on where I can find a nice dress which will conceal the little belly in a way which doesn't scream "she's up the duff"?!! I'm away this weekend, so I'd love to find something in the shops some evening, which means the pressure is on cos I don't have lots of time for browsing! Would really appreciate any help. A friend had a gorgeous dress at a wedding a while back, but I think it was a designer jobbie, and I'm hoping not to spend a mint! Thanks in advance for any help! :thnk xxx
annemc Posts: 26
try - they have a lovely range of dresses for special occasions & quiet reasonable too. I got most of my maternity wear on that site. If you didnt want to get maternity wear, why not try getting a dress with an empire line below the bust so it will give extra space for that growing tummy! Good luck with the search.
09Dreams Posts: 260
[quote="LoveACuppa":1spmkiuv] Has anyone any ideas on where I can find a nice dress which will conceal the little belly in a way which doesn't scream "she's up the duff"?!! [/quote:1spmkiuv] I actually got a dress in Coast last week for a Christmas party in Dec, reckon I'll have a little bump by then & this will be perfect. It's a black halterneck which only looks better with the bigger cleavage!! it's a stretchy material & fairly high waisted so will be comfortable on belly but also not make it really obvious! better again, it was on the sale rack, reduced from 140 to 95. they had a few so you might still be lucky. You could dress it up with accessories for a wedding. Good luck :wv
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Hi loveacuppa, I got a lovely dress in Sasha for €89 euro about two weeks ago. I wore it when I was 28 weeks pg and I still fitted into my regular size. Its a grecian style full length dress. I got the black but they also had it in purple. It was so comfy. It would help disguise any bloating you are experiencing at the moment. Happy shopping :wv
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Maternity wear would be way too big on you now, and would probably make you look more pregnant.
LoveACuppa Posts: 296
Thanks a mill for your replies girls. I got a gorgeous purple dress in Next in the end, so that'll do the trick! Got a few loose tops for work too. Am delighted that it's getting a little colder so I can cover up under cardis and jumpers!!