Where to eat in Galway City?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
We are heading to Galway next weekend and are looking for restaurant recommendations for Saturday Night in town. We don't want anything michelin star (or hugely expensive). We like Thai food and I was looking at the Asian Tea House or the Thai Garden. Also came across Nimmos. Any recommendations would be great as have never been out in Galway City. Need to add it is just myself and husband on a weekend away. Thanks in advance for your replies xx
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Where are you staying? Thai Garden is lovely, any of the restaurants along Quay St are good. There's Kirby's, Cookes's, The Malt House is supposed to be nice, never been there myself. Oscar's on Dominick Street is also supposed to be amazing, but haven't had the pleasure of eating there yet either!
reine Posts: 1771
We have eaten in Artisan a few times. The food is delicious! It's a lovely, cosy little place too. Would highly recommend!
Thanks for those recommendations. If anyone else wants to add their tuppence worth, please feel free. We have plans Friday night so just the Saturday night to head out and have a bite to eat somewhere nice in town. Thanks xx
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
I was going to suggest the huntsman inn but probably not city center enough - its opposite the G Hotel! Yum food though
windycity Posts: 2241
Thai Garden!! by far the best thai that side of the Shannon. Its really authentic and right in the middle of town. V reasonable too. I find restaurants in Galway tend to be v pricey but Thai Garden isnt x
newshound Posts: 288
+1 for Thai Garden! I love that place, possibly the best restaurant of it's kind in Galway. However, Oscar's is only amazing! All the food is locally sourced and organic, and it's displayed wonderfully on your plate. It's not too spendy either... well worth the money. Need to go again soon actually :hyper:
Thanks everyone. Looks like the Thai Garden is getting the votes. Will let you all know how I get on. Thanks again xx
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Thai Garden or Oscars for me every time :)
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Asian Tea House is fantastic - lovely small enough place with gorgeous food and big portions.... definitely recommend it!