where to get a birthing ball?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Anyone know where to get these? I'd like one now just for sitting on to help my back and pelvis (which is getting v. stiff) and of course for the main event! Our yoga teacher said you could use a gym ball but I'm wondering now if they would be a bit too hard? Or can you just not pump them up so much? Our local Lifestyle Sports never has these anyway. I know the hospital will probably have one (Drogheda has them anyway) but yoga teacher says it's best to bring your own ball just in case you're unlucky and all the balls are taken when you get there ! :eek
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i got one in argos with a pump for about €30 i think they are called gym balls in argos i think
madmam Posts: 1294
I think mothercare do them (but don't be mad at me if I am wrong!)
bellabella Posts: 2750
HI sphynx, do you remember i was saying i was getting one? well i did and they are great.I'm using it every day gives me great pain relief and i turn on my music and bounce and for a more relaxed session (pelvic rotations) i turn on my meditation cd. i am bringing mine to the hospital although they supply them i'd loke my own iykwim. My sister got hers in argos, good luck
[quote="shorty":6v9ij90i]I think mothercare do them (but don't be mad at me if I am wrong!)[/quote:6v9ij90i] I'll be very annoyed! :o0 I'll check Mothercare when I'm there the next time. Otherwise, Argos sounds good. :thnk :thnk
[quote="bellabella":f1ze17fv]HI sphynx, do you remember i was saying i was getting one? well i did and they are great.I'm using it every day gives me great pain relief and i turn on my music and bounce and for a more relaxed session (pelvic rotations) i turn on my meditation cd. i am bringing mine to the hospital although they supply them i'd loke my own iykwim. My sister got hers in argos, good luck[/quote:f1ze17fv] Bella I have this image of you bouncing around on a fun-hopper type thingy with rainforest music playing the background! :o0 Thanks a mill :thnk - I will definitely get one of these asap as I find I'm really stiffening up in my lower back and pelvis already.
MotherNature Posts: 317
€19.99 in Argos for the 72" one.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
I also paid €19.99 in argos for a gym ball that looks identical to my friend's expensive birthing ball >:o) >:o) Which she never used :o0 :o0 If you don't like it too hard, don't spend so long pumping it up!!
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
[quote="Avril07":1r4abgzs] If you don't like it too hard, don't spend so long pumping it up!![/quote:1r4abgzs] :-8 :o0 :o0 Or you could release some gas...
[quote="Avril07":mphjhww3][quote="Avril07":mphjhww3] If you don't like it too hard, don't spend so long pumping it up!![/quote:mphjhww3] :-8 :o0 :o0 Or you could release some gas...[/quote:mphjhww3] That all sounds extremely rude! :o0 DH will be doing the pumping I think! I can most certainly take care of the gas releasing part!! :o0