Where to get a veil dry cleaned (dublin)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicabride Posts: 453
Just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get a veil dry cleaned. My sisters friend has very kindly loaned me a veil for my wedding. It has diamante scattered throughout so I wouldnt want them to get damaged. Also I am getting married in June so when should I get it done..asap or wait (to avoid creasing). Also how much should I expect to pay... ### Thanks
babybambino Posts: 940
Is it really necessary to get it dry cleaned? They're so delicate I'd be afraid to leave it in somewhere. My veil got mud on it at our wedding when I was having pictures taken (BM stood on it) but the dirt fell off it when it dried. As regards creasing, we just hung mine over the bannisters and the creases fell out. If it was very bad you could hang it in the bathroom when you're having a shower and let the steam take out the creases
chicabride Posts: 453
I rinsed it myself today in the bathroom sink... I then hung it from the sitting room curtain pole and spread it out over a clothes horse. The creases did fall out as it dried. Its dried now and I have had to fold it slightly and hung it on a hanger and put it inside a suit bag. We are travelling to Spain for the wedding so I will have to steam it in the bathroom when we arrive and I will leave it to hang then in my fathers room. It came out perfect..
babybambino Posts: 940
That's great, I bought mine over the internet and it was delivered folded up in a box, I couldn't believe how smooth it was after hanging up for a few hours