where to get hypnobirthing cd/book etc??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ticketyboo Posts: 625
hi mums and mums 2 be, i have one DD who is almost 1 and me and OH are planning to try again soon. id love to use hypnobirthing next time around. does anyone know where i can get some cd's or books or whatever i'd need to do this? i'm living near kildare if anyone knows of anywhere close by i could buy or order things from. any info would be great. thenks ladies :).. x
milis Posts: 7998
The website is www.gentlebirth.ie I'd highly recommend it!!
thank you.. x
Roxanne Posts: 3201
I would second Gentle Birth - we did a weekend course and I've been listening to the CD's and reading the book. While I know you can't anticpate everthing that might happen on the day, it has definitely removed all my fears about childbirth and I have had a very relaxed and happy pregnancy because of it. The midwives at the hospital were very positive when I mentioned it, and seem to feel that mothers who have followed this method are much more focused and calm. :wv
i would really love to try it for the next pregnancy (we're planning no2).. i'v heard so many positive things about it and i'm open to all options but would love to try a more natural approach.. i had a lovely experience on dd but had epidural and this slowed me down a bit so next time would like to get as far as i can by myself.. if anyone has any cd's or books to recommend would also be a great help.. thanks ladies.. x
Roxanne Posts: 3201
When we did the Gentle Birth course, we got the book and CD's as part of the package. I'm not sure if you can buy them any other way, although there is also a home study course (details on the website) and sometimes people sell on their book/CD's when finished with them. You could put up a post asking if anyone wants to sell you theirs, but I would still recommend doing the course. There are other hypnobirthing programmes which you should be able to get in good bookshops, but as far as I know Gentle Birth is the only one based on the Irish maternity system. The others would be Based on American practives or NHS if it's a British book.
thanks roxanne, where do i get information in gentle birth course?.. x
Vogue Posts: 426
Here's the link www.gentlebirth.ie I'm doing the home study pack and have found it has totally changed my attitude towards labour and birth, all for the better! I listen to the CD's every day without fail.
thanks ladies, wil definatly be lookin into it.. vogue the very best of luck to you, i see you've only a week left!!.. x