where to get liverpool tickets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rocj Posts: 799
hi ladies i hope you can help. im hoping to get my hubby two tickets to see liverpool play for his birthday. his bday is in nov but we would not be able to go till jan. yes he will have to take me :o0 anyhoo does anyone know where i could look to get two tickets there is so many websites i googled but dont know which ones to look at. also there seemed to be a huge price diff between the sites. anyway would love some help if any of ye can give it.
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Just asked my husband here (he's a Liverpool fan as well - prob put ideas in his head about going to a match!). He said few ways to get them: 1. Liverpool website - you can apply for them online or over phone a certain time before games. Website will have dates of sale on it. 2. Travel companies do package deals to some games - may end paying more but you are guaranteed your hotel and ticket 3. ebay - just don't pay over the odds - a standard ticket costs no more than £40 4. supporters club - if you know of anyone in supporters club they can get tickets. Name on fan card doesn't have to be person who uses the actual ticket - you need to bring card to get points on it for holder and then you can give it back to them aftere game He said your best bet is to stay away from the 'big' games (eg v Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal) as tickets are harder to come by and more expensive. These generally get taken by members of fan club v quickly. Some more advice from him - if Man Utd are playing away and Liverpool at home you may get cheaper flights to Manchester than to Liverpool. Generally Ryanair/Aer Lingus have the schedules and weekends of home matches have more expensive flights. Manchester is only a 45 min train journey away. anyway, hope that helps. Now to go break it to him that he's not going to a match for next ages!! If we're going away I'm going too and no interest in Liverpool match!! :o0
ya im the same i wont be going for the game ill be going for the shopping. tell your husband i said thanks a million. ill look into them websites. thanks to you to for advice a few weeks ago regarding tp. im half way through at the moment and so far there has been no major disasters. my inspector is happy as well so thats good. i cant wait to be able to go to bed early and sleep properly.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
I got tickets to Old Trafford last xmas for h2b and I got them through my cousin who is a member of a supporters club. It was brilliant because got the tickets at the normal cost price and I knew well in advance so was able to book cheap flights, so the weekend away didn't cost a bomb. If you can at all stay away from travel agent packages because they often charge way over the odds. If you know anybody in a supporters club (or know someone that knows someone....) see if they can sort you out. As it has been said already, it's much easier to get tickets for games against 'lesser' teams. Best of luck :wv
MrsTwit Posts: 842
Just noticed you said you're on TP.... hope it's going well... fellow teacher here also!! :wv Any q's just shout!
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
[quote="princess fi":3salzxpm]ya im the same i wont be going for the game ill be going for the shopping. tell your husband i said thanks a million. ill look into them websites. thanks to you to for advice a few weeks ago regarding tp. im half way through at the moment and so far there has been no major disasters. my inspector is happy as well so thats good. i cant wait to be able to go to bed early and sleep properly.[/quote:3salzxpm] You're welcome! glad the tp is going well! :) He also said to look into the hotels down the docks if you are staying in Liverpool as they are the most central. Express Holiday Inn or Jurys Inn are ones he's stayed in and found them grand. For the tickets that are for sale online they are the ones that haven't been sold to supporters club so def a lesser game would give you best chance of one. He said they are playing so bad at the moment you'd be better off going to one of these games as they might win! He's v disillusioned with Liverpool at the moment - I've to listen to all the moaning! Well pretend to anyway!
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
We used to get tickets a few years back through various different methods and TBH it can be a bit of a lottery. 1. http://www.liverpoolfc.tv is the official club website and if you go into matches & tickets, all the info is there. From what I can remember, there is a membership which you join, it gives you discounts in the shop etc which might be handy when you get there and tickets go on sale to members first. If the members don't buy them all, they then go on general sale, I think it's called late availability and will be on pre-determined days, be prepared to be on the phone all day if you choose this option. We managed to get tickets this way one time and they never arrived. We had to ring the ticket office and were told to bring our credit card and they would issue copies. We did this and it was fine, when we got home, the tickets had gone to a different address as the address was wrong, must have been the Irish and Scouse accents clashing on the phone but we were panicking big time, going over on the flight with no tickets as such. 2. Travel agents are the most reliable because your ticket is guaranteed and especially for an occasion like your husbands birthday, where ye won't be disappointed, other methods can fall through. They are also the most expensive and some of the hotels aren't even in Liverpool, they are in surrounding areas like Wigan so if ye would like to sightsee Liverpool or your DH would like to do the stadium tour, ye will be very tied staying far away, so ask about where you are staying. You might also see ads in newspapers by match ticket agencies, I have never used these. 3. Ebay, I personally would be very wary of but that's just my own opinion. The tickets could well be fake, just like the touts outside the ground. Tickets normally don't get issued until about four weeks before the game but to get a good price on the flights, you would be booking before this? How would the tickets be handed over, would it be short notice etc. That would be up to you to decide if you wanted to chance it. 4. Supporters clubs, I find are the most reliable. We were joined one and the rules were very strict about passing tickets along. It was a yearly membership for each of us (DH couldn't join on his own and then get a ticket for me) and the club normally did two trips a year, one in winter and one in summer so the games were pre-determined and there were limited places. Personally, I would not go in January as it would probably be FREEZING in Liverpool then. They normally had an agreement with a particular hotel which had a reduced rate and everyone would stay in the one place as tickets would be handed out at breakfast time. We would then head off but would agree to meet in the bar later to hand the stub back. They told us these stubs are returned to LFC to prove that X amount of supporters from X supporters club attended and in turn, maybe the ticket office would allocate that supporters club a couple of extra tickets next time. We had no idea whether this was actually true, or maybe they were just trying to keep the tickets to their own genuine supporters club members. I don't know if this procedure would be common to all supporters clubs so maybe it's worth a try if you know somebody in one. Best of luck with it :wv
thanks for the replies girls i dont know anyone in a supporters club so will have to look into the websites. we have to go in january thats only month im free. i went back to college so will be going on my xmas holidays. im well used to cold pitches for the gaa ill just wrap up warm.