Where to look for veils?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Hey Girls, The first fitting for my dress should be within the next couple of weeks and I know that the price of veils in the Bridal Shops are a little OTT! Where are should I be looking for an Ivory Single Tier Cathedral Veil with Ribbon Edging and Scattered Diamontes?
lilywhite2012 Posts: 571
Try purebliss.ie They have a showroom in Naas too where you can view before you buy!! I've ordered mine from there!!!
Thanks, I've just emailed them there...
kinsale Posts: 458
I bought mine today on ebay - 13 stg when the same one was 280 euro here! Try the ones on in the boutique for the fitting and then order the closest on ebay. They have all the different lengths, edgings, colours etc.
[quote="kinsale":14t2vfcg]I bought mine today on ebay - 13 stg when the same one was 280 euro here! Try the ones on in the boutique for the fitting and then order the closest on ebay. They have all the different lengths, edgings, colours etc.[/quote:14t2vfcg] Do you know what seller you bought yours off??
tippbride2012 Posts: 188
I just ordered mine on ebay last week from delicate-spirits. Another wollie recommended them here on forum just about a week or two ago. Hasn't arrived yet so i'll let you know how it looks when it does. I ordered the "1T Ivory Cathedral Crystal Beaded Edge Wedding Veil "
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="lilywhite2012":24aoxbm8]Try purebliss.ie They have a showroom in Naas too where you can view before you buy!! I've ordered mine from there!!![/quote:24aoxbm8] +1
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
[quote="lilywhite2012":2tzo97zk]Try purebliss.ie They have a showroom in Naas too where you can view before you buy!! I've ordered mine from there!!![/quote:2tzo97zk] I got my veil off them too
kinsale Posts: 458
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":r3grjdd2] Do you know what seller you bought yours off??[/quote:r3grjdd2] It was from thatspecialday... they have loads of long gloves & petticoats on their site too at incredibly low prices (how do the boutiques justify their margins?!!). My dress was shipped from China today so as soon as it arrives I'll know if I need either. I like the idea of a dramatic petticoat... and the dress is so simple it may well need a pair of very long gloves to set off my Audrey Hepburn look!!
tippbride2012 Posts: 188
Uh Oh, my veil arrived in the post today and it looks a bit yellowy. Then again its all rolled up. Need to get home and open it out and see it against the dress. Fingers crossed it looks ok. Don't want to start my search again.