Where to put a song

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Weddingloon Posts: 445
Hey girlies, my Dad is passed away and we were always a very sing-songy family so I thought that at some stage during the day I'd sing a song and dedicate it to him. Thing is, where would I do it, I had thought after I walk up the aisle, or at speech time or something but I don't want to depress everyone! Maybe best leave it?? What do ye think or would ye think if someone did something along these lines? thanks a mill :thnk
oharetobe Posts: 367
I wouldn't commit myself to anything, especially not singing, whether you are a sing-songy family or not. My dad passed away a year ago in March and was sitting down talking to H2B about his speech, he mentioned my dad and I burst into tears. I've been very good with not crying or getting emotional but the closer the wedding comes the more it's getting to me. The other thing is, this day is about you and your h2b coming together, I think not putting the focus on your dad's passing is probably a better idea. Have his favourite song played during the signing of the register, you'll know why its being played but you don't have to acknowledge it to everyone. That's just my opinion though. Good luck!!
kitty33 Posts: 111
why not leave it till the reception.just after first dance or as part of the "slow set" or maybe the last song before you break to have the buffet *)
Weddingloon Posts: 445
[quote="oharetobe":303j3twh]I wouldn't commit myself to anything, especially not singing, whether you are a sing-songy family or not. My dad passed away a year ago in March and was sitting down talking to H2B about his speech, he mentioned my dad and I burst into tears. I've been very good with not crying or getting emotional but the closer the wedding comes the more it's getting to me. The other thing is, this day is about you and your h2b coming together, I think not putting the focus on your dad's passing is probably a better idea. Have his favourite song played during the signing of the register, you'll know why its being played but you don't have to acknowledge it to everyone. That's just my opinion though. Good luck!![/quote:303j3twh] I think you may both be right! I'm going to walk up the aisle to a song he sang and we will have a candle etc so that is enough. Actually as I think about it, he wouldn't appreciate me putting a downer on things or upsetting myself either. I might sing a song with my sis at some stage during the reception instead as a happy thing rather than a tribute if you get me. He'd love that. I really appreciate the advice. I already find it upsetting thinking about him not being there and like that, I'm not really emotional generally about it. It would be too much pressure!!!! :thnk
deda Posts: 1220
I'd sing at the reception