Where to sell 2nd hand books?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nelswife Posts: 3869
Also posted in Entertainment and OT.... Hi Girls, some of you might know where i can do this, i have a zillion books at home that i am trying to get rid of as we are doing a clear out in order to do some decorating, They are all in perfect condition (most of them recent enough titles) in excellent condition I have contacted a lot of charities and they dont seem interested in taking them so i am going to try sell them back to a shop and get a few bob for them Does anyone have any ideas where takes back books? Thanks in advance :thnk
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Have you tried ebay??? I found it very hard to get anywhere to take books. I had to get a 2nd hand shop that deals in books take them for nothing as I just wanted to get rid of them
Thanks Indigo Moon, might try e bay, i actually wouldn't even mind giving them to a 2nd hand shop if i knew where there was any, I thought charity shops would want them and was giving them away to them but a lot of them told me its the most common thing for people to give away and they weren't taking any books at the min!
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
Was just thinking you could try a car boot sale. THe shop I went to was in baltinglass
nicknax Posts: 280
Hi, Not sure where you are based but Chapters bookstore in Parnell Street, Dublin has a huge 2nd hand section and I'm nearly sure they take in and buy books. HTH
[quote="nicknax":ht0qrp62]Hi, Not sure where you are based but Chapters bookstore in Parnell Street, Dublin has a huge 2nd hand section and I'm nearly sure they take in and buy books. HTH[/quote:ht0qrp62] Thanks Nicknax will give them a buzz and see, may as well try make some money from them!! i really didn't mind giving them away but no charity seems to want them!! I even tried ringing the womans refugee centre to see if they would like a donation of some of them for the women there and they told me they dont take them in!!
2ndtimer Posts: 336
Hi there, A bookstore in Blanchardstown SC takes them from time to time. Not sure of their name but I think it might be books unlimited so maybe give them a call?
bridejoy Posts: 223
Have you tried Chapters.ie? They have a massive second-hand book store in Dublin
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Put them in buy and sell on here, maybe sell them for a couple of euro each?
Wenty Posts: 238
Have you tried St. Michael's House?? www.smh.ie - do a Bring a Book/Buy a Book campaign (i.e.) sell all second hand books to families etc. for €2 per book with all the money going towards their services for people with an intellectual disability....They have a stall in the reception in their Ballymun HQ if you're in Dublin?? And they're looking for books!!!! Just in case you're donating them - if not Books Unlimited in Dublin take them in (and then give you a credit note for them!)....