Where to shop in Dublin for underwear, day after dress, etc?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

african violet Posts: 130
Hi All, I'm going to Dublin this week to do some of the last bits and pieces for the wedding. I need to get my underwear for the big day and I must get a dress for the day after, can any of you wollies from Dublin recommend the best places to go? I havent been shopping in Dublin in years so really have no clue where to begin, thank you in advance :thnk
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Arnotts is quite good for clothes and they have a good underwear department. You need to get into the underwear dept early to get help though as they get quite busy. Clerys is also good. Just off O'Connell St. Both of these are northside of the city, not so sure about southside as I live on the north. Enjoy!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Peaches & Cream off Grafton Street is great for underwear - the shop is tiny so you should make an appointment! Debenhams, Arnotts etc are good for underwear too!
lux Posts: 6270
I got my underwear in Intimate Lingerie on Tara St. You need an appt but its very private and the woman there knows her stuff. I actually had a very poor experiance in Peaches and Cream but maybe it was a one off.
african violet Posts: 130
thanks a mill :thnk all for advice am kinda nervous :ooh bout the underwear need to get hold in knickers and not quite sure how I will be able to go to the bathroom as my dress is actually quite big! *) Think its gonna be great fun on the day :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek
MsChat Posts: 270
For underwear - my friend recommended http://www.intimate-linger.ie/ beside the Irish times building. She said she got great advice in there but I haven't checked them out myself yet.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I recommend Peaches and Cream, have my appointment there this week so will know more after that! Have heard great things though!
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
I recommend Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall for underwear. Really professional and knew their stuff and were really nice and friendly too. No need for an appointment, you just walk in. Loads of lovely boutiques around there too. I love Costume but it's quite pricey. There's Chica and Coco and Emma around there and there's a Fran and Jane as well. And then of course you've Brown Thomas just around the corner where they stock everything from Prada and Dior to Karen Millen etc. They have a decent underwear section there too.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
[quote="oileanbride":2yks5x1a]I recommend Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall for underwear. Really professional and knew their stuff and were really nice and friendly too. No need for an appointment, you just walk in. Loads of lovely boutiques around there too. I love Costume but it's quite pricey. There's Chica and Coco and Emma around there and there's a Fran and Jane as well. And then of course you've Brown Thomas just around the corner where they stock everything from Prada and Dior to Karen Millen etc. They have a decent underwear section there too.[/quote:2yks5x1a] Must pop into Susan Hunter too! Thanks for the tip!