Which breast pump - any recommendations????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

[email protected] Posts: 492
Hi Girls, Can anyone recommend a good electric breast pump that is effiecient and mummy friendly???? Thanks
clio99 Posts: 712
Ceegee, I think Im going to go for the medela one its a double pump but yo ucan also get them in single, u can rent them fromt he website I gave you yesterday re the nipple shields. I know Avent do them too but havent heard great reports
mad woman Posts: 22106
yeah, i had an avent one and found it very good, that was about four years ago, so im sure they are much better now..
charli Posts: 5994
used an Avent one, wasn't electric but did the trick and i was very happy with it, worked well for me and i always had a good supply from using it!
[email protected] Posts: 492
That website Clio is excellent and one of my buddies recommended their pump also. The new Avent Isis iq sounds very impressive but it is twice the price of the medela, 140 euro versus 70! Thanks Girls, much appreciated.
Mrs Mai Posts: 763
I used a mini melena for a few months and found it pretty good except the time it took and the noise- then I changed to the Ameda lactaline and I was so sorry I didn't get it sooner. It's a double and I used it with one of those hands free bras -it was brilliant. Much quiter which was important for me as I wanted to watch tv! I'd highly highly reccommend it.