Which drug has the most detrimental effect?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
Just wondering what people's view's on this are. I would rate them : 1. Alcohol - alcoholism, physical and emotional abuse, associated depression and lack of motivation and finacial problems. 2. Nicotine - associated health risks. 3. Prescription drugs - I think GP's tend to get apathetic about patient care with long term anti depressant users. Basically I think some ( not all of course) Doctors just keep writing the prescriptions as it is the easy option. 4. cocaine/heroin - Even though cocaine use is everywhere I don't think we have really seen the totality of it's impact yet - so I suppose time will tell how much of an impact it's going to have on society as a whole. It may have as much of an effect on society as alcohol in time, but it is still less destructive than alcohol and even smoking at the moment (if you take into consideration the health budget resources spent on treating the effects of those two drugs). Heroin I know very little about, obviously it ruins the lives of users but on a whole it doesn't seem to be getting alot of air time and doesn't seem to of general concern to the average Joe Soap. Just wondering what other people's views are.
NowGone Posts: 8042
I think it depends on how you define detrimental - to the individual, to society, etc etc.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Depends on whether you mean to an individual or to society. For society, you're probably right (although I'd switch 3 and 4), for individuals the story is a bit different.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
[quote="NoZilla":2yo8erqi]I think it depends on how you define detrimental - to the individual, to society, etc etc.[/quote:2yo8erqi] Great minds!! We should probably get married.
I meant society, I suppose individually it would have to be considered on a case by case basis.
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="TokenMale":32lrlvas][quote="NoZilla":32lrlvas]I think it depends on how you define detrimental - to the individual, to society, etc etc.[/quote:32lrlvas] Great minds!! We should probably get married.[/quote:32lrlvas] I'm not all that into marraige.
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
[quote="TokenMale":2qn5hmcf][quote="NoZilla":2qn5hmcf]I think it depends on how you define detrimental - to the individual, to society, etc etc.[/quote:2qn5hmcf] Great minds!! We should probably get married.[/quote:2qn5hmcf] :lvs :lvs awwwww!
pricilla Posts: 1564
I would think Heroin has the most detrimental effect (on the individual). It's the hardest to get away from and has the most extreme effects very quickly. Alcohol has devastating effects on families, but it takes longer to build up the same level of addiction that you'd have with crack or heroin. They're all bad though! Thanks be to God I'm not addicted to anything except Milky Bar Buttons.
:o0 :o0 , I seem to be addicted to all food at the moment too :o0 :o0 Here comes miss piggy :o0 :o0
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
This is a difficult one! I think alcohol, as it has an effect on so many people in so many ways..i.e. when you think of it on such a broad level...accidents, alcoholism, drunk driving, factor in suicides, crime...the list goes one. But heroin is probably the worst of the illegals IMO. I worked for a time in a&e and....God I don't know what to say! It's just so bad. That's all I can say. It's so awful. :o(