Which hand do you wear a watch?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

paperclips Posts: 3146
[b:numohbsd]Random Friday Question [/b:numohbsd]- I normally wear my watch on my left wrist, but i noticed two people who served me during lunch today both wore their watches on their right wrist! Is their "Watch Wearing Etiquette" where one must wear their watch on a certain wrist??!!
Sodapop Posts: 3220
I always thought it was left wrist for right handed people and vice versa.
mkb Posts: 1744
i think gernerally people wear their watches on the oppostite hand that they write with. I wear mine on my left and i am right handed. My oh is right handed but wears his wathc on his right hand. Someone told him years ago it was bad luck to wear your watch on your left. :)
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Im a lefty. :o0
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I always thought you were "supposed to" wear a watch on your left wrist. I don't wear one anymore but when I did it was always on the left. Analog watches are designed to be worn on that side - the dial is on the right hand side of the watch face so you don't have to remove the watch to wind it.
paperclips Posts: 3146
[quote="Sodapop":28qg9p3g]I always thought it was left wrist for right handed people and vice versa.[/quote:28qg9p3g] Hmmmm, I'm right handed and wear my watch on my left wrist but DH is left handed but wears his watch on his left hand
LastRolo Posts: 6892
My daddy told me many moons ago when I got my first watch that it was always to be worn on the left wrist. He'd give out if you put it on your right by mistake!
Elphaba Posts: 741
Oh I wear it on my right, it feels weird on my left. I also write with my right, but then again I was changed over in primary school, so I write with my right but am left handed and footed with everything else.
mkb Posts: 1744
[quote="Elphaba":3c29p3sc]Oh I wear it on my right, it feels weird on my left. I also write with my right, but then again I was changed over in primary school, so I write with my right but am left handed and footed with everything else.[/quote:3c29p3sc] i'm same as you, was hit by an evil nun until i used my right hand. >:o(
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I'm a leftie and wear it on my left!