Which health insurance do you use?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oaky Posts: 35
Hey everyone, Just a general q wondering which company and which plan you use? Have been looking thru the diff ones and Im confused at this stage!! Just wondering which is the most popular?
Hunky Dorey Posts: 229
Hi, Im with Quinn Health Care - think they are ok, nothing spectalular (sp!!). I have essential plus package and even though I was told i'd be covered for tonsils out in Mount Caramel, I still had to pay a shortfall of 200euro... Good Luck
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
Im with Quinn too an dhen I had my tonsils out I was fully covered i a private room
Hunky Dorey Posts: 229
Oh God - I was in a room with six other people and still wasnt covered. You must have a high plan option then me!??
I dont really know what option I have, my Dad covers me ( Im still getting away with it) but I was in a general hospital when I got mine out, I think you get private cover in a general hospital and semi-private in a private hospital iykwim
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
I'm with Aviva. Have the Teachers Plan - not sure how it differs from the regular plan (think it covers voice damage or something but not sure) and can't really comment on how I find them as *touch wood* have never had to claim. Have our travel insurance with them too as it worked out cheap enough,
my DH is a teacher and is with Aviva, they were the most competitive when he went looking for a plan
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Im with VHI but want to change as they are way more expensive than others. Was thinking of changing to Aviva. Your head would be recked though reading through it all!
no2herewego Posts: 802
We are VHI because OH's work pay for his half so we only pay for me. Other than that I would be looking around as I dont think they are the most competitive.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm with Aviva now. I used to be with VHI from childhood up to afew years ago. Happy enough with Aviva. I've already had to claim on it a couple of times for hospitalisation. The claims all went through relatively painlessly and their plans compare well with other companies.