Which is more annoying..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Following on from Jawl's thread about being put back in her box..
Jawl Posts: 8881
I couldn't call it, because the outlaws are being over bearing and driving me :action34 But I don't think my BM was annoying, I think she was very hurtful, to me anyway. It's the first thing about the wedding that has given me a quivery lip and made me cry sad tears.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I think if a BM is a little over bearing and pushing suggestions at you you can still ignore them because all the actual bookings are made by the bride and groom but if a BM has no interest i'd find that v difficult to deal with
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm probably being pedantic here but I'd find it more [i:1nx4w4ri]annoying[/i:1nx4w4ri] if a BM was overly 'helpful' or overbearing. I'd be more [i:1nx4w4ri]upset [/i:1nx4w4ri]and [i:1nx4w4ri]offended[/i:1nx4w4ri] if she were disinterested though. It's more than annoying that someone you obviously care enough about to ask to be a BM is showing little or no interest in one of the most times of your life. You'd think they would be happy to be a part of it and feel included. A BM isn't your own personal wedding slave but it is a special time and should feel like an honour to be an intergral part of the day.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
[quote="Jawl":33b4jlsn] But I don't think my BM was annoying, I think she was very hurtful, to me anyway. It's the first thing about the wedding that has given me a quivery lip and made me cry sad tears.[/quote:33b4jlsn] Yea when i was wording the question I did stop and think that being hurt is a more appropriate word then annoying in a case like yours. I felt terrible for you reading it :action32
[quote="MrsDodders":3jtiucmr]I'm probably being pedantic here but I'd find it more [i:3jtiucmr]annoying[/i:3jtiucmr] if a BM was overly 'helpful' or overbearing. I'd be more [i:3jtiucmr]upset [/i:3jtiucmr]and [i:3jtiucmr]offended[/i:3jtiucmr] if she were disinterested though. It's more than annoying that someone you obviously care enough about to ask to be a BM is showing little or no interest in one of the most times of your life. You'd think they would be happy to be a part of it and feel included. A BM isn't your own personal wedding slave but it is a special time and should feel like an honour to be an intergral part of the day.[/quote:3jtiucmr] I think you put that very well :thnk
[quote="Urban Fairy":1heemo6u][quote="Jawl":1heemo6u] But I don't think my BM was annoying, I think she was very hurtful, to me anyway. It's the first thing about the wedding that has given me a quivery lip and made me cry sad tears.[/quote:1heemo6u] Yea when i was wording the question I did stop and think that being hurt is a more appropriate word then annoying in a case like yours. I felt terrible for you reading it :action32[/quote:1heemo6u] Ah the quivery lip is long gone!!! Might be hormones as I'm normally made of tougher stuff than that :innocent: And I was speaking to another friend about it, and she said fec-k her, she's not a BM at all and she's more excited than I am about it, so I can channel my excitement through her :o0 And while we were talking we booked a couple of flights to Spain for 4 day break next month with our OH's :thnk
paperclips Posts: 3146
I'm not having any bridemaids but if I was i would prefer them to have no interest at all apart from showing up on the day. My problem is that because I'm not having any bridemaids I dont have any of the dramas that some of you are experiencing so I cant really relate to the issues.
[quote="mrsom":9vsx59g7]I'm not having any bridemaids but if I was i would prefer them to have no interest at all apart from showing up on the day. My problem is that because I'm not having any bridemaids I dont have any of the dramas that some of you are experiencing so I cant really relate to the issues.[/quote:9vsx59g7] You might be wise to have none :o0 I was a BM over ten years ago, and I made myself available and drove bride and myself and other BM's to all the dress fittings. Made myself available to go for hair/make up trial. Ferried the bride around the day before the wedding for spray tans etc. and collected relations from the airport. On the morning of the wedding, I took her bride and BM's to hairdresser, beauticians going back and forth as we went in relays. And that was before I ever even put a dress on. I expect none of that, it wasn't expected of me either, but I was obliging. I just made a comment about how I thought my hen night would be and was told to shut up about it. Imagine if I expected even a fraction of what I did when I was BM :o0 She'd want payment! :o0
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I selected bm showing no interest, that would do my head in completely, I think if eithe rof my bms was showing no interest I'd have to ask them what was wrong! I think I'd be able to cope if they had loads of suggestions!