Which main would you prefer?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
Girls I had decided on having choice of beef or salmon as the mains at the reception. Love beef so that's a Definite option for us. After making this decision my mam said she'd prefer a turkey and ham or beef option instead. She said it would suit more people. Also SIL suggested the same. (our family's are big meat eaters it appears). My mam wants the salmon as as third option but I've decided only having 2mains choices. So to cut to the point what do most people prefer? Turkey and ham or Salmon??
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I voted for salmon, I understood the post to mean that you will have a choice of beef or salmon, or beef or turkey and ham? I think it's a good idea to have a fish option for people who [b:2rjvuvgc]aren't[/b:2rjvuvgc] big meat eaters.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I am not a red meat eater so I chose salmon.
candlequeen Posts: 991
Personally, I absolutely love salmon. The OH hates it with a passion - but he would choose Beef over Turkey & Ham any day. You've already catered for the meat eaters with the Beef, I'd be inclined to go for the Salmon.
excitedlady Posts: 431
I personally think turkey and ham has been done to death! But I do HATE HATE HATE turkey!
gingerwhinger Posts: 1421
The reason I'm mainly asking is I don't like salmon myself but know several of my friends do. I also dont really like turkey (fussy me) But gets confusing when people start giving other options for what they prefer so want to make sure every one is happy iykwim. There's also an option of chicken, but don't really want to confuse things further
newlywed0912 Posts: 734
I dont like salmon but i would pick beef and salmon. alot of people pick fish at weddings as its a lighter choice and they wont feel as full after it.
Mrs Spud Posts: 418
I had turkey and ham/salmon as my choices. I just love turkey and ham myself and for the fish option I chose salmon. No-one complained (that we were aware of) and everyone ate it so maybe we just had an easy to please crowd :o0 My sister (CBM) ordered salmon but when they were giving out seconds, she got some turkey and ham - jammy cow is a size 10 and can do that. :(
Ohnoshedidnt Posts: 273
Id definately go with the salmon over turkey and ham. I personnaly hate being served turkey and ham any time other than xmas :-8
the farmer wants a wife Posts: 334
[quote="Mrs Spud":374cfezu]I had turkey and ham/salmon as my choices. I just love turkey and ham myself and for the fish option I chose salmon. No-one complained (that we were aware of) and everyone ate it so maybe we just had an easy to please crowd :o0 My sister (CBM) ordered salmon but when they were giving out seconds, she got some turkey and ham - jammy cow is a size 10 and can do that. :([/quote:374cfezu] I will be doing the same - as most of my side dont eat beef ( with the exception of 1 or 2 of course) and my sister also cbm begged me to have turkey and ham..ill be eating the salmon so suits me either way!! was thinking of the beef or turkey & ham but a few of my friends are vegetarian