Which of the following starters and fish would you chose?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

friendship Posts: 325
Thanks so much! :thnk
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I went for the vol-au-vent and seabass as that's what I'd choose if I was a guest at your wedding! I think we might have a vol-au-vent ourselves at our wedding, havne't fully decided but probably will. They're generally crowd pleasers as well you know? Also the seabass is a nice white fish, quite mild and not terribly 'fishy' so it generally goes down well too. Good luck!
cora11 Posts: 348
Went with chicken salad and seabass. I would eat either starter happily too! To be honest i would eat any fish- i always go for the fish option at weddings!! Im stuck with my fish too-its either seabass or lemon sole! xx
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I went for chicken salad and sea bass. I love love love vol au vents but I think it's nice to go for something different, they are fairly standard on wedding menus. I'm not into fish at all but seabass is one that I do eat so that's my reason for picking it!
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
i only picked the vol a vaunt because im not a fishy person at all, sorry its no help to you, sea bass seems to be popular though
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey, I went with chicken salad, as I sometimes find people either love or hate mushroom and maybe chicken salad with a nice dressing would be a safer option. Seabass for fish also :wv
lux Posts: 6270
I think vol au vonts have had their day, I think they are very 70s TBH. I'd LOVE seabass, if we were able to have it we would. NO to vol au vonts!!
alf Posts: 219
I picked Chicken salad and monkfish.....thought the salad would be nice and light for all the ladies at your wedding and monkfish is so beautiful even if your not a fishy person it's so meaty that it'll go done a treat.... :o)ll
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
[quote="lux":11c0xp3o][b:11c0xp3o]I think vol au vonts have had their day, I think they are very 70s TBH[/b:11c0xp3o]. I'd LOVE seabass, if we were able to have it we would. NO to vol au vonts!![/quote:11c0xp3o] they've had their 4 decades so!!!! :o0
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Vol au vent and monkfish for me!