which side for the carseat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittysue Posts: 1016
Sorry for the stupid question....but generally on which side do you put the babys car seat?? directly behind the driver so you just have to look in your mirror to check.. or if hubbie usually drives but is behind the passenger which makes it easy for you......
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
We were advised to put it behind the passenger because, when we had it fitted first in Australia you are only supposed to parallel park in the direction you are going in IYKWIM? So the baby would always be on the footpath side rather than opening the door out onto the road to get the baby out. We still have him at that side because even as the driver it is easier to see him over there, with the little mirror thing. FP
kittysue Posts: 1016
Good Point....never thought of that......thanks... That does sound like the safer option..
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I'd also say the passanger side. I have the mirror that goes around the headrest infront of LO so can see her easily! Most of the time I'm on my own in the car with dd and having her behind the passanger seat means that I can just put my hand back and pick up her toy if she drops it or pop soother back in easily enough!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ds has always been on passenger side too im going to keep him there when next lo arrives to keep an eye on him.