Which Tens machine??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dee78 Posts: 263
I'm looking at buying or renting a tens machine but not sure which to get! Does anyone who has used on during labour have any advice on what make to go for?
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I bought the obi tens one from inhealth.ie last year. As far as I can remember it wasn't too expensive (hardly much more than renting) because I got a discount from a very nice wollie on here and I'll have it for this time too. (i'm due again in the summer) I ended up just using it for a little while, it was more of a distraction than anything else I think but I know if I didn't have it I would have wanted one.
Thanks BiaBlasta. I was looking at that one on www.inhealth.ie Did you find it effective?
StellaBella Posts: 432
I also bought the obi tens from inhealth, and i found it excellant. I was induced, and i put it on when they hooked me up to the drip, and it helped with the contractions alot.. it is great for the very start of labour. I think i paid around 50 euro for it, and i have it if i ever go again, and my friend used it also when she had her baby and found it great.
Thanks hollygolightly, I'm just trying to decide between that one and 2 others which is hard when I haven't a clue :o0 Thanks for the feedback
happy mummy Posts: 424
I've also bought the Obi Tens on Inhealth. Have it packed in my bag ready to go, it got great feedback from a friend of mine. She said she didn't think it was working during her labour and that it seemed to be a decent enough distraction however when she took it off to get into the bath she said that her contractions were absolutely unbearable all of a sudden. She reckons she just didn't realise the tens was helping until it was too late and she'd already taken it off. She put it back on but the damage was already done! Now that being said another girl I know said that she found it absolutely useless so I suppose it depends on the person! All going well I'll be writing up my birth story in a few weeks and I'll be sure to mention how I found the tens! The way I look at it though is for €50 its worth it! Even if it only helps a little bit, I'll take every bit of help I can get!
Thanks honeymoonbaba, that's good to know. I see you're 37 weeks!!! Best of luck with everything!! :wv
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Hi dee I got the obi tens machine in mothercare was as cheap to buy as to rent. Bear in mind if renting from Boots it takes two weeks for machine to arrive in store as they come from UK. Think cost of renting is €45 plus €35 deposit. Bought tens machine for €50 Ps edited to add got to 10cms with just tens machine so would defo recommend!!
[quote="Bluebear":2tmmc3a3]Ps edited to add got to 10cms with just tens machine so would defo recommend!![/quote:2tmmc3a3] That's good to hear! Think I'll definitely buy as opposed to rent. I was looking at the 3 on inhealth and falling into the trap of thinking maybe I should go for one of the dearer ones as they might be better :-8 Think I'll just go for the Obi now, thanks for the info. PS - best of luck, hope babs doesn't keep you waiting much longer!
FoundHome Posts: 1753
I used the Femme TENS from Bodyclock (purchased rather than rented). Also had DS with just the TENS and gas and air Best of luck :wv