Which version again sorry!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Hey girlys, Myself and DH are stuck we cannot decide if we want the english or Italian version which do u think?
blissful2b Posts: 1555
oooh i don't think i could decide between those! >:o) the will be shortened so i' say the italian one would be sorted to sandra or alice ans the engish one alex... so depends which of those you prefer. alos depends on ur surname too. whichever rolls off the tongue easier
Yeah thats kinda the problem both go with our surname, if its Alexandra we'd shorten it to Alex, if Alessandra it will be shortened to Alesa
Poppit Posts: 2042
Hi Mrs Bambi, I like both names, but i chose Alexandra. Could be shortened to alex, alexa, ali...
Sugababe* Posts: 988
I prefer Alexandra but Alessandra is lovely too.
july7812 Posts: 1787
Love both names - never had heard of it being spelt Alessandra before - Is it pronunced the same. Myself I'd go with the Alexandra
Yep its pronounced nearly exactly the same, only thing that puts me off is that she'll spend half her life having to spell it and don't like the name Sandra (bad girl in school)
july7812 Posts: 1787
[quote="Mrs Bambi":25utzhjc]Yep its pronounced nearly exactly the same, only thing that puts me off is that she'll spend half her life having to spell it and don't like the name Sandra (bad girl in school)[/quote:25utzhjc] Then I'd go with the Alexandra - no point in (possibly) having it shortened down the future to something you don't like O:| Plus I love the name Alex (my 1st DS :lvs ) (if its shortened) for either boy or girl - but I know your having a girl :lvs
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
I went for Alessandra. My sister and my best friend are both Alexandra's. It's quite a popular name in Germany and Greece. :-8 That's why I personally would go with the italian version, as it's more unusual.. :-8
alton Posts: 3077
Love them both - can't decide. I knew a girl in college whose name was Alexandra but was shortened to Sasha - I don't know how you get from one to the other but thought they were beautiful names