Which week should I read for baby's development?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinpeaks2 Posts: 77
This might sound odd, but DH and I can't agree on which week we should read in the pregnancy bible. I'm 8w2d today. Should I read week 8 or, as I'm in the 9th week, week 9? We're only confusing each other on which it is.
papillon Posts: 1305
I think you're in week 9
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
week 9 i wud say too hun :lvs
twinpeaks2 Posts: 77
Thanks ladies. Think babybrain is kciking in ealry for me, couldn't sort it in my own head!
blondie77 Posts: 217
Hi there, Now i m confused! :duh: I am 7 weeks and 4 days so does that mean i read week 8 or week 7? I had been reading week 7!
marriedLife Posts: 1881
Ha ha I was confused about this one as well! If you look at week one it starts on the first day of your period which means once you move to CD8 then you are into week 2. This means then that once you reach a certain week you move into the next week. Today I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am moving onto Week 7 development - so basically you always read one week ahead from what I can see.
blondie77 Posts: 217
OHMYGOD thats so exciting! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: I ve been clicking on the next week just to see whats going to happen but to be promoted into that week is great is nt it? :o)ll Thanks for your help, now that you ve explained it it does make sense! Dont know why i got it wrong! :-8
marriedLife Posts: 1881
Ha ha yeah now your baby is the size of a raspberry instead of a blueberry :) You'll know what that means if you read the book What to Expect When Your Expecting - if not then in Week 7 it's the size of the blueberry and in Week 8 it's the size of a raspberry