while we are on the subject of tickers...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bfpasap Posts: 40
While this may sound trivial I'm just wondering does anyone agree that there are far too many tickers on some peoples profiles, eg days til xmas, ovulation days, pets details, marriage details, anniversaries, etc etc. Would it be an idea to limit them to one or two? I know on the pregnancy and babies for eg it is useful to give details but I do think having 4 or 5 is a bit much. I'm on another website also and I have to say it makes a refreshing change just to have the post rather than thrawling through tickers.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I don't mind them to be honest. Not really something I've ever thought about. Actually I kinda like the tickers, in a way. They can be helpful. How long til someone's wedding for example, or how old their kid is if you're swapping information or answering a question. Also I've broadband and use a laptop or PC to access WOL so I can scroll in an instant through them. I know some people using their phones to access WOL have problems with the tickers though. But personally I don't. I use another site that strictly moderates everything and it's a bit of a pain I find. You can't say ANYTHING! :o0 I much prefer WOL.
vidia Posts: 2960
Im generally more interested in the content of the post, rather than the tickers underneath, so tbh, they dont annoy me at all.. Unless the ticker interests me, I usually dont even look..
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I really don't mind them either tbh.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
They don't bother me, obviously, I have a good few! It's handy in M&K so you can see info on posters children and ages etc, handy for helping out or giving tips.
pupsalove Posts: 1490
I agree with the OP. Four or five tickers are daft and is frankly annoying, the posts end up being huge. I have disabled the graphics feature so I don't see any of those or the avatars etc. Much easier to read the posts that way.
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
They dont bother me at all. I think it makes it much easier reading a post from someone when you know a little about them. I only have one ticker now but up til recently i had 4 - one to say how long i was married, an ovulation one and two tickers for my two dogs. I dont see why there should be a limit. If you dont like them why dont you do what another poster did and disable them that way you dont have to see them
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
They bug me too - especially since most people have left the URL address with them. I disabled them ages ago. Go to the User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab and click on Edit Display Options - you can choose to see them or not there (Display Signatures: Yes/No). If I want to check when someone is getting married by their ticker I just click on their username.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I hate tickers. Really do. I've actually no real interest in knowing that level of detail about someone. I've always had them disabled- suggest if they bother you to just disable them too.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
Yay! I've just disabled tickers. I don't mind one ticker - wedding countdown or whatever, but tickers about the sleeps to Christmas, dogs, the 5 children and their birthdays blah blah are just childish.