Whip lash sufferers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dollydel Posts: 1726
Anyone ever have whiplash? How long did it take you to recover fully? Any tips on quicker recovery? Do's and don'ts? I was in an accident in early Jan and I have been attending physio for back and neck injuries since. My back is more or less back to normal but I still have a restriction in my neck and it can be very painful at times. Its driving me mad.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Oh you poor thing, I really can sympathise! I had an accident 7 years ago, where my car flipped 7 times and I still have problems! It's a tightness at the right side of my spine just beneath my shoulder - it's annoying as it really pains me when I'm tired or driving.
gopro Posts: 1801
i got it wen I was 9. now 27 and still gives me bother
dancingfeet Posts: 826
I got whip lash with I was 14. Still bothers me at times and I'm now 35. I find the cold weather makes it worse
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
feel your pain i was in an accident 6 years ago and it still flares up on me am always aware of a tightness on one side of my neck but every so often it gets really bad and i have to take anti inflamatories worst injury to get as i dont think you ever fully recover from it
Oh no don't tell me that. If I have to suffer this the rest of my life I will crack up. Its really sore now, find as the day goes on it gets worse. My restriction and pain is in the right side of my neck and runs down along my shoulder.
R2theB Posts: 1660
My mum got bad whiplash about 12 years ago, suffered with it constantly. I qualified as a massage therapist nearly 4 years and she's had a monthly massage ever since. She says it[i:1guie3rc] never[/i:1guie3rc] ever bothers her anymore. Have helped loads of people with whiplash over the years and they all swear by their regular massage. Might be worth checking out whiplashed wollies!
Thanks for the tip. At the moment I don't think I could cope with the pain of a massage. When the physio massages me I do be hopping off the bed with the pain.
April2005 Posts: 323
I feel your pain too. I was in an accident in December, I was signed off from physio in March. I still wake with pain most mornings, but was told its because of the way I sleep. I also suffer from pain when I'm stressed at work and yesterday was one of those days, had to go home and put Voltorol cream on my shoulder & back. I am having trouble with the insurance company and the payout they're offering, which isnt helping! Hope you feel better soon *)