Menu

White Orchid Swords

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Layla20 Posts: 1089
Hi girls Have an appointment in White Orchid in Swords for next week and just looking for some feedback. Has anyone any experience with them? Also is Bridal Heaven worth a look while I'm in the area or is there anywhere else they would recommend? Thanks
Glitzygirl Posts: 87
Hi I booked this shop for my second "outing" with 2 other appts on the day (the 2nd was bridal heaven and then Moreland down on the malahide rd.) I have to say the girls in the shop were the nicest I had dealt with and one of then brought out a dress for me from the back that she thought Id like and would suit me.....and I ended up calling the shop later on in the day to say I wanted to buy that dress. I'm getting my wedding dress here!!! I had a great experience here - the shop is small but it was perfect for me. I had the next appt booked for bridal heaven so I went (still thinking bout the one in W.O.) and it was a nice shop but the woman I had with me was awful, abrupt and didnt even bother to "Strap me up" at the back so when I came out to look in the mirror I was too self conscious and just wanted to get outta there.... by the time I got to the 3rd place I wasnt interested anymore as I just kept thinking bout the one in W.O..... Best of luck and I hope you enjoy it!!! :wv
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Are you going for your dress or BM dresses? Both are excellent for both. White Orchid has a much smaller range of BM dresses than Bridal Heaven but what it does have is lovely. I think wedding dress wise they have quite different stock so both are worth a look. White Orchid is a bit awkward to find but its actually right across the road from Bridal Heaven and the door is at the back if the building. White Orchid is much smaller, staff are very helpful. Bridal Heaven is bigger but much more frantic because its so busy. You actually might have to wait a bit for an appointment in Bridal Heaven - its that popular. Personally I probably prefer White Orchid but for variety Bridal Heaven is probably better. In the end I didnt buy from either but would definitely recommend you visit both! Wedding dress wise White Orchid has lots of simple but really beautiful dresses, possibly more modern styles than Bridal Heaven.
Thanks for the replies, I'm looking for my own dress. I've been to a few different shops now and the simpler more modern style is definitely what I want, so hoping I find something in White Orchid. I'm able to go shopping midweek so find getting appointments easier than at weekends.
[quote="Betsey2011":2jkyjm8p]Thanks for the replies, I'm looking for my own dress. I've been to a few different shops now and the simpler more modern style is definitely what I want, so hoping I find something in White Orchid. I'm able to go shopping midweek so find getting appointments easier than at weekends.[/quote:2jkyjm8p] Id say White Orchid is the way to go then definitely. Id say Bridal Heaven is worth a look because its so close but Id say by the sounds of it White Orchid will be more up your street. Some stunning dresses - let us know how you get on! Where else have you tried? Have you tried de Staffords?
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Found the staff in White Orchid very attentive and helpful. Had a smaller selection of dresses but they were stunning. Didn't get my dress there in the end (as I found 'the one' elsewhere)but if its a modern 'something different' you want White Orchid is a must see. Have no personal experience of BH but was turned off going there from some of the reviews on WOL. Happy shopping!
Service Finder
I've been to Ciara Bridal and Town Bride in Powerscourt, de Staffords, Alexanders and Ti Adora in Kilkenny. But definitely haven't found "the One" yet so the search continues!!
Mmmh was thinking de Staffords might have been an option...I saw loads of dresses I loved in White Orchid but for me it was also a case of none of them being 'the one'. Its like trying to define what the 'X factor' is isnt it! I do think you'll know it when you find it - its just a case of keeping searching! Am very excited to see if you find anything there :wv
Bluebear Posts: 1594
Might be worth trying Balbriggan Bridal- large range of stock and very helpful staff who quickly get a real sense of what style suits you. Again didn't buy there but found a very close second and without their advice wouldn't have been so clued into what style I wanted.
Mrs PR, there were a few in de Staffords that I liked, I might go to their shop in Nenagh because it wouldn't be that far from me and they have a few different lines down there. Bluebear, I'll check them out now, thanks for the recommendation.