Menu

Whitening toothpaste when pregnant?

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

preghopes
Mini Wolly

Whitening toothpaste when pregnant?

Postby preghopes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 am

Hi, Are any of you using whitening toothpaste while pregnant? I was looking at using WhiteGlo. I think it should be ok when I rince out afterwards. I know bleaching and professional bleaching/ whitening toothpastes containing carbamide peroxide and the like wouldn't be safe but ones I can just buy in pharmacy should be ok shouldn't it? I have only 6 weeks left but feel my teeth are getting very discoloured looking and want to perk them up a bit as I have a few things coming up.....

Any that you are using that are safe?

babyd2bnumber2
Mini Wolly

Re: Whitening toothpaste when pregnant?

Postby babyd2bnumber2 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 pm

I remember reading the back of a whitening toothpaste and it said not to be used in pregnancy. I always think to use as natural as poss products when poss in pregnancy is best idea to save any worry... But totally up to u, instead I got my teeth whitened post pregnancy - nice treat to brighten up my tired face!

Essentially you health and beauty
New Wolly

Postby Essentially you health and beauty » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Forever Living - Forever Bright Toothgel. A gentle, non-fluoride formula, that contains aloe vera and bee propolis. It nourishes, strengthens and protects teeth and gums whilst fighting plaque and whitening without bleaching agents. A great minty taste in a non-abrasive formula, that children and babies can use. Message me for more info x

Sunspeckle
Mini Wolly

Postby Sunspeckle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:44 pm

AloeDent a non-fluoride toothpaste you can get in holland and Barrett and most health stores has a whitening version that I've been using. Natural ingredients and no chemicals

Feb 14 BFP :)

preghopes
Mini Wolly

Postby preghopes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks ladies! Im living miles from any decent town so will have a look in local chemist to see if there is any natural products!

harne123
New Wolly

Postby harne123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

preghopes wrote:Hi, Are any of you using whitening toothpaste while pregnant? I was looking at using WhiteGlo. I think it should be ok when I rince out afterwards. I know bleaching and professional bleaching/ whitening toothpastes containing carbamide peroxide and the like wouldn't be safe but ones I can just buy in pharmacy should be ok shouldn't it? I have only 6 weeks left but feel my teeth are getting very discoloured looking and want to perk them up a bit as I have a few things coming up.....

Any that you are using that are safe?

I think there would be better to use any natural toothpaste in case of pregnancy. Also can check some good products here

Service Finder
AlexCage
New Wolly

Postby AlexCage » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:04 am

hi there

AlexCage
New Wolly

Postby AlexCage » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:05 am

I cannot tell for sure as personally I have never used a whitening toothpaste during pregnancy, only regular ones. There are so many options on the market ( https://www.theolive.com/reviews/best-whitening-toothpaste/ ), I don't know which one to choose. So thank you for the recommendations here, I highly appreciate them!

SweetMJ
New Wolly

Postby SweetMJ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Absolutely not! You should apply only natural toothcare products while being pregnant. When I was pregnant I even changed my electric toothbrush for a bamboo toothbrush. It doesn't contain any chemicals and won't harm your health.

Go to Pregnancy & Babies