Menu

Whitening toothpaste when pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi, Are any of you using whitening toothpaste while pregnant? I was looking at using WhiteGlo. I think it should be ok when I rince out afterwards. I know bleaching and professional bleaching/ whitening toothpastes containing carbamide peroxide and the like wouldn't be safe but ones I can just buy in pharmacy should be ok shouldn't it? I have only 6 weeks left but feel my teeth are getting very discoloured looking and want to perk them up a bit as I have a few things coming up..... Any that you are using that are safe?
babyd2bnumber2 Posts: 351
I remember reading the back of a whitening toothpaste and it said not to be used in pregnancy. I always think to use as natural as poss products when poss in pregnancy is best idea to save any worry... But totally up to u, instead I got my teeth whitened post pregnancy - nice treat to brighten up my tired face!
Essentially you health and beauty Posts: 7
Forever Living - Forever Bright Toothgel. A gentle, non-fluoride formula, that contains aloe vera and bee propolis. It nourishes, strengthens and protects teeth and gums whilst fighting plaque and whitening without bleaching agents. A great minty taste in a non-abrasive formula, that children and babies can use. Message me for more info x
Sunspeckle Posts: 437
AloeDent a non-fluoride toothpaste you can get in holland and Barrett and most health stores has a whitening version that I've been using. Natural ingredients and no chemicals
preghopes Posts: 468
Thanks ladies! Im living miles from any decent town so will have a look in local chemist to see if there is any natural products!
harne123 Posts: 1
[quote="preghopes":1ih9ya20]Hi, Are any of you using whitening toothpaste while pregnant? I was looking at using WhiteGlo. I think it should be ok when I rince out afterwards. I know bleaching and professional bleaching/ whitening toothpastes containing carbamide peroxide and the like wouldn't be safe but ones I can just buy in pharmacy should be ok shouldn't it? I have only 6 weeks left but feel my teeth are getting very discoloured looking and want to perk them up a bit as I have a few things coming up..... Any that you are using that are safe?[/quote:1ih9ya20] I think there would be better to use any natural toothpaste in case of pregnancy. Also can check some good products here
John Walsh Guitar
AlexCage Posts: 10
hi there
AlexCage Posts: 10
I cannot tell for sure as personally I have never used a whitening toothpaste during pregnancy, only regular ones. There are so many options on the market ( [url:3fkxf9s7]https://www.theolive.com/reviews/best-whitening-toothpaste/[/url:3fkxf9s7] ), I don't know which one to choose. So thank you for the recommendations here, I highly appreciate them!
SweetMJ Posts: 14
Absolutely not! You should apply only natural toothcare products while being pregnant. When I was pregnant I even changed my electric toothbrush for a [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H8FJWW:386vgee1]bamboo toothbrush[/url:386vgee1]. It doesn't contain any chemicals and won't harm your health.