Menu

who gets presents?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MsCabbage Posts: 674
Hi girls, Jusyt wondered what you were all doing regarding presents? So far I have bought the bridemaids some gifts but what about groomsmen, flower girls, page boy, mother and father? What is the done thing?
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
We are hoping to get the lads some cufflinks or something, children are getting goody bags to keep them quiet, mum is getting a pocket mirror and dad a pocket watch with thank you and our names and wedding date engraved.
MsCabbage Posts: 674
Hi Lippy, they are really good ideas! Might 'borrow' the engraving one!
Mrs Malefesense Posts: 1440
We gave our bm's their jewellery as gifts and got the 2 boys cufflinks in their family crest to wear on the day and then have as their thank you gift. We didn't get gifts for the dad's but gave the mothers flowers during the speeches
[quote="MsCabbage":341m6ext]Hi Lippy, they are really good ideas! Might 'borrow' the engraving one![/quote:341m6ext] Borrow away! I only got the idea from a flyer in a wedding mag, thought it was a nice keepsake after the flowers at the speeches have gone!
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
We gave the following My dad - pocketwatch My mum - waterford vase engraved with hearts His dad - Name a star gift box His mam - Snowbaby figurine making a wedding cake (she collects these and made our wedding cake) Groomsmen - boxes of cigars Bridesmaids - Dresses-jewellery- and 'how to walk in high heels' girlie encyclopedia type book. Usher - Fancy Tie pin Flowergirl/pageboy - Thorntons chocolate plaque iced to say thankyou for being our pageboy/flowergirl. xx
Thorntons mmmmmmm, brill idea R n R :wv
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv Groomsmen - Will get them a voucher for their fav restuarant Bridesmaid - Got them bathrobes, with their name on it, jewellery sets & make-up sets Flowergirl & Pageboy - Honestly i have no idea Parents - Were paying for their rooms on the night, and Mam and H2b's Dad's Partner (his Mam passed away years ago) will each recieve a bouquet of flowers.. Might also get them a voucher for a meal for their fav restuarant..
It's an expensive lark this isn't it :eek :eek :eek
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="lippy":dunwwnvo]It's an expensive lark this isn't it :eek :eek :eek[/quote:dunwwnvo][list:dunwwnvo] :wv Unfortunately it is, but it doesn't have to be.. Your BM's and GM's don't expect to recieve present's, they are just happy with the clothes, and if you do decide to get present, they don't have to be in any way expensive..[/list:u:dunwwnvo]