Who goes for runs????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sinful Posts: 956
I was at cinema last night and the caracter went for runs all the time... So my questions is dose anyone go for runs or jogs just for the fun or to keep fit???? I tried a couple of times but i would get to 3 doors down and i would be out of breath and my nostrils and throat would be stinging me... So who dose it and how did you start off?????
wouldntseemeinameringue Posts: 777
BouncyL, I have to agree. I have that book also and I found it excellent. I can run now for a good few km with no problems at all and I really enjoy it! Used to hate running. Definitely worth a try...
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
i run - but in the gym - 4-5 times a week
sandym Posts: 774
I run in the gym 5 times a week, before that I used to run out on the ring road where I live joined the gym because it was getting way too cold and dark out!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I run on my wii fit every night :o0 :o0 but have to say I love it, its really keeping me fit, 56 kilos and a BMI of 20, Im chuffed :o)ll :o)ll
scotswedding Posts: 2829
I'm after ordering that book there (am so gullible, advertiser's dream! :-8). I really got into walking over the summer and used to try little bouts of running along the way but it used to kill me!! Even for a minute. So I'm hoping this book will work miracles and just get me back into the exercise buzz cos have been lazy cow of late...
Sinful Posts: 956
I am so getting that book thanks so much :thnk :thnk
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
i do...in me hole :o0 seriously im envious of those who run and enjoy it id die after 2 mins into it i say
MeSB Posts: 3785
sillysocks Posts: 1390
I've started jogging quite a few times, and alwas given up just as it was getting easier (I know....doesn't make sense!). Then when I start again I'm back to square one. Getting back into it now the last few weeks and starting to enjoy it this time. The first time I started I was the same about not being able to run more than a tiny bit. Just start slowly - I used to run from one lamppost to the next, walk to the next one, run to next one etc. Eventually you might run 2 lampposts and walk one, and then eventually run whatever distance you are going. Concentrate on breathing properly too. There's loads and loads of online running programmes as well, I used these at the start - good for motivating you and giving you structure of what to do. Having someone else to go with you is a major boost too because if you've arranged to go with someone you're less likely to stay at home on the couch! Now if only I'd practise more of what I preach :o0