Who is at the door

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I was just out running a few errands on my lunch break. And I was watching a wedding. I seem to watch weddings in the same church every week. And every week there is always one or two people standing at the door, waiting for the bride to come. They'd be pretty important guests, guessing by the rigouts and headpieces. Very flash :) Who would they be?? I'm thinking mothers? But I always assumed my mother would be well seated by the time I arrived. Just a mindless Friday afternoon wondering :)
rosiemama Posts: 3363
my mum waited with my bridesmaids at the door until i arrived, then she gave me a quick hug and kiss and one of the ushers took her down to her seat just moments before i walked down the aisle. we had some photos taken outside the church then as well. a few other guests waited until i arrived before going in and sitting down, some people just like to see you arrive. as long as it wasn't DH i didn't care who was there lol
aston Posts: 4100
I was sooooo late that there was no one at the door waiting for me :-8 I can only presume it would be mammy of the bride or groom at the door waiting. No one else would really do that I dont think anyway!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
2 of my aunts, my brother who was a groomsman, our best man, my mam, 2 BMs and 2 JBMs were all at the door waiting for me when I got there! Oh and my CBM's mam as she did the flowers!
SparkleX Posts: 1057
I waited at the door of the church for my best friend when she was getting married. She didn't have any bridesmaids but wanted to see me before she went in so asked me to wait outside. I think it was to give her a bit of support before the scary walk up the aisle!
miami82 Posts: 367
[quote="Blondie09":2rdqtaxj]I waited at the door of the church for my best friend when she was getting married. She didn't have any bridesmaids but wanted to see me before she went in so asked me to wait outside. I think it was to give her a bit of support before the scary walk up the aisle![/quote:2rdqtaxj] Aww Blondie09 I think that sounds so lovely - you being there for your friend.
SparkleX Posts: 1057
I felt quite privileged to be asked! Only drawback was I had to leg it up the aisle before she made her grand entrance!! :)