Who is joining you in delivery room?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hi girls, Was just wondering - who would you like to have with you when you give birth? For those of you with husband/partners - are you having your mam there too? Or are you banning everyone? I'm not sure if I want my mam there too.....will it be too much?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I thought you were only allowed 1? DH is the only one I want with me
boobies Posts: 1625
I only want hubby... Dont think i could handle too many people around me when Im in pain
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Have you ever watched the American Maternity Ward programmes it always seems like there is 75 people in the delivery room all looking...imagine
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I know I am thinking a bit far ahead, but I would have just DH in the delivery room, but Mom would no doubt be close by as she was with my nephew - the minute by nephew was born, my brother brought my mom into see him and the bond was unbelievable and still is - she still talks about it. peronsal choice I guess, but I think if my Mom was actually there for the whole lot I might get too emotional
Idina Posts: 1289
I know where I am having my baby you can only have one person
Spice Bride Posts: 558
Only DH. Wouldn't want anyone else.
Yeah, I agree with ye...I wouldn't trust my tongue - I would feel guilty if I roared abuse at my mam when in pain (DH doesn't matter....only joking!). No doubt she will be on the other side of the door though, waiting to see baba.
[email protected] Posts: 492
I can't imagine wanting anyone else but dh there.
Mama Dora, I know - I just couldn't handle that. I saw one video where the DH, mammy AND doula was there. WAY too many people! :eek