who is ..........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinssep Posts: 1242
going to find out the sex of baba at their scan i found out at both mine but this time we said we wont as we have never had that whole its a ....... thing im glad we found out and it was still a surprise but id just think this time want to do it different
jen2 Posts: 3106
No did not find out on either of mine. I am always really curious to know, but love the suprise when I find out at the birth. Jen2
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
We didnt find out at our 22wk scan, really want the surprise. A small partof me would like to know but really want the surprise so holding out. From the start hubby & I both thought a boy, only 15wks to we find out!!!!!! Lucy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
babe06 Posts: 898
We haven't found out but part of me would really love to. I juts think I would bond easier at this stage - i find myself talking to the baby and saying things like my little fella (convinced it a boy) and then saying oopps sorry little girl - and then it juts feels weird! DOes that make any sense?!!
Port Princess Posts: 1154
I found out on ds1 but with ds2 every time i had a scan he was sitting in such a way that we couldn't see! I definitely want to find out this time if they can tell me! :wv
luigi Posts: 867
I did and dont regret it for a moment- it doesnt take away the surprise as you still want to see what bubs looks like and what he weighs etc... However we didnt tell everyone that we knew. People you meet sometimes make a point of telling you that you've taken all the surprise away from your baby's birth if you've found out, but thats a load of twaddle and I dont think many mums will feel their baby's birth is any less special just because they knew the sex. Next time we arent going to find out just so that we can try both ways of doing it. :wv
Esketti Posts: 936
We found out on Tuesday! And we are so glad that we did! As Luigi says theres still the surprise of what the baby looks like and what weight they are and all! I just feel totally different since I found out and I cant explain it. I feel like I have a closer bond or something, I know it sounds silly, but now when I feel little kicks I know its my little boy kicking me as oppossed to "it" kicking me IYKWIM :-8 I thought we would have held out till the birth but we just couldnt contain our excitment on Tuesday when we were "in the moment" and we just asked and she pointed the screen to the lower part and said "there you go what are you looking at" and I said "is that a little willy" :-8 We thought it was a boy all along anyway so it really just confirmed it for us. But I LOVE knowing whats in there now! Although I draw the line at naming the baby yet! Friends of ours used to refer to the their unborn son by name and it was a little freaky I thought! So we'll chose a few names that we like and decide when he's born :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
mummy bear Posts: 3824
OH twinsep i was only talking to dh about this last night, i would love to find out this time, he doesnt.. we'll see!
NotHere Posts: 10273
We've both said that we want the surprise of finding out at the birth...but after reading MRSKP's post I could see us getting over-excited and asking! Time will tell I suppose! :o0
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Ooooh no - I love the surprise! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll After all that pushing its nice to have a little surprise to look forward to! But I think you always have a feeling. I knew with both previous pregnancies - didn't find out - I just KNEW, but still you wonder!!