Who ISN'T having a mass booklet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Do we really need them? I was thinking about this. Are they really more of a keepsake?
pinkpeonies Posts: 462
In the beginning I really wasn't going to have them, but I am so glad I changed my mind. Just got them back from the printers last week and they look lovely. Yes they can be a keepsake but the main reason I changed my mind is that if I was at a wedding myself that didn't have them I think I would miss them! I think they keep your congregation engaged. I am not having favours, as I think these are less likely to be missed by guests than mass booklets :thnk
nic1 Posts: 136
Still not fully decided about having them. Will only be having approx 20 at the cermony so not sure if they're worth the bother. On the other hand, almost everyone will have a job so wondering should we do them rather than copies of the readings and the prayers of the faithful! Still not fully decided.
Magsk Posts: 644
Im the same i really couldnt be bothered with the mass booklet all the effort and work goes into them people just leave them on the benches? Any wedding that ive been at they were kind of just used as fans in warm churches..... O:|
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
i'm doing mass scrolls... much cheaper and easier to make
lux Posts: 6270
I was at an Anglican wedding this weekend. Neither hubby or me are religious so TBH we'd be lost without something to follow to know when the prayers, songs are etc. We had a 20 mins service and still did an order of service becaue people need to know what the layout of the service is. I got too many printed but I was glad they were used.
Dalmation Posts: 14
We are having them. Our priest said that we must as it is important to the ceremony. He is strict about music also. We are just doing 50 so it is not so expensive.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
[quote="RainbowNinja":pkdsj454]i'm doing mass scrolls... much cheaper and easier to make[/quote:pkdsj454] +1 - doing a 2 sided one pager. Costing only the price of the paper to print it on - all of 10e!
Twirl Posts: 5598
Unless you want them personally as a keep sake i wouldnt bother tbh. I didnt have them as i didnt want them and they werent missed. Dont have them just because you think you should have them. I have to laugh at some priests im not being disrepectful but no priest should tell you what to do or what to have, i have heard of some priest only want "holy" song and flowers in certain places, they are just being awkward.
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="Twirl":15ntk26l]Unless you want them personally as a keep sake i wouldnt bother tbh. I didnt have them as i didnt want them and they werent missed. Dont have them just because you think you should have them. I have to laugh at some priests im not being disrepectful but no priest should tell you what to do or what to have, i have heard of some priest only want "holy" song and flowers in certain places, they are just being awkward.[/quote:15ntk26l] Um, I didn't have a church wedding but I think a priest is totally correct to dictate the rules of the church! If you are having a church wedding (or any kind of wedding, even civil) there are rules and TBH I don't think its too much of a priest to limit music to religious songs as it is a sacrement in their rules! If you don't like church rules, don't have a church wedding!