Who pick BM Dresses? You or them??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beckyjustbecky Posts: 402
Just wondering?!
GalBride Posts: 444
Bit of both to be honest. Came across dress style by chance and suited both girls so went with that. I then picked a slightly different dress but girls were fine about it as it was same shape/style :wv
Thats good Fairy! :D
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
I just happened to come across a style that complimented my dress very well. I got all the BM's to try it on to see if they were happy with it. Luckily they all loved it and then they had a choice in colours and they all opted for the same colour. So it was a two way thing really.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Ideally both but at the end of the day you're the one who's paying! A compromise is the best bet, creates less problems if the bridesmaids are happy
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Combination of the 2 - I saw some styles online that I asked the girls to try on. They tried others on too and we all agreed on one dress!
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
I've asked my BM to choose a dress in a particular colour and I'll pick the fabric too,but after that,she can have whatever she wants.
Do you think the girls actually loved the dresses,or just said they did coz you loved them?
happieout Posts: 3111
both of us. the girl in the shop asked me to describe my dress.then she came up with a dress that complimented it, which we liked. them bm picked a shade of the colour i was thinking of. The other bm tried it on after
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I picked them! But I did email them a picture to see what they thought - obviously if they thought they were horrible I wouldnt have got them but they were lovely - I went ahead and ordered them as I could return them and get a refund if they werent right so I had nothing to lose!! They were perfect on them :lvs