Whooping cough vaccine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poppyseed Posts: 513
Hi all, Has anyone got the whooping cough vaccine? My consultant is recommending I get it this week. I rang my local pharmacy and they are getting it in for me tomorrow. I asked how much and they said roughy around €45/48. Does that sound about right?
Nextinline Posts: 121
I got mine at the GPs and I'm pretty sure it was €30....
bellabear1 Posts: 211
I got it through GP a couple of weeks ago it was €45 administration fee with nurse included
belcra Posts: 1097
[quote="Nextinline":2g22rs8q]I got mine at the GPs and I'm pretty sure it was €30....[/quote:2g22rs8q] +1 Same here
OrTees Posts: 907
I also got mine at the GP and it was €28
Poppyseed Posts: 513
Thanks ladies! I rang my surgery and the said €40-€50 is about right. :eek I'm baffled as to how there is such variation! Ortees, I see you are on the home stretch!! Hope you are well x
belcra Posts: 1097
My doc said he was only charging what they paid for it. €30.
sunshinebear Posts: 74
some docs charge extra if u visit outside ur 6 free antenatal visits, mine does, I had my visit, asked about vaccine, she said she'd order it in, arrived 2 days later, she charged me 25 euro for vaccine and then for a visit, not the full 60 euro, can't remember exactly how much, I was raging.
OrTees Posts: 907
[quote="Poppyseed":3t4jphi0]Thanks ladies! I rang my surgery and the said €40-€50 is about right. :eek I'm baffled as to how there is such variation! Ortees, I see you are on the home stretch!! Hope you are well x[/quote:3t4jphi0] Thanks poppyseed :thnk - am doing pretty ok, hanging in there anyway :-) [quote="belcra":3t4jphi0]My doc said he was only charging what they paid for it. €30.[/quote:3t4jphi0] +1 - that's exactly what my GP told me. Some GPs out there really take the pi$$ with their extra charges. My GP apologised for even having to charge me the cost if the vaccine but said that despite the HSE recommending it they don't cover the cost of it.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
No one has ever mentioned the whooping cough vaccine to me...