Menu

Whos best consultant to ask for in Holles st

Go to Pregnancy & Babies

juicytube2
Mini Wolly

Whos best consultant to ask for in Holles st

Postby juicytube2 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Girls going semi private and havent registered pregnancy yet, can you ask for a specific consultant? any recommendations?? O-O :thnk
Girls, I have created a closed group facebook page for us January 2013 members. If you would like to join it, PM me your name and i will add you as a friend :D

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

mamajen
Woloholic

Re: Whos best consultant to ask for in Holles st

Postby mamajen » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 am

You can ask for a specific consultant, they asked me who I wanted and I didn't know, so just let them pick. I'm with Dr McPartland, he's a nice man, have never had to wait more than 10 mins to see him as well which is good!

Married 25th November 2010

Formerly mrsfago

jewellb
Woloholic

Postby jewellb » Thu May 24, 2012 7:48 am

is that semi-private or private mrs fago?

i think ill go semi private after the expense of the ivf, my dr recommended prof mcAulife but thats just cause ive crohns.
my friend was with dr mcpartland and she was delighted with him !!!!!!
First IVF
2 extraordinary embryos transferred 8th may, OTD 22nd may!!! 1 bun in the oven !!
BFP !!!!!!!!!!

"Worry is interest paid for a debt you may never owe"

mamajen
Woloholic

Postby mamajen » Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 am

I'm semi private JewelB, have to say I'm thrilled with the waiting times most of all, I've been in and out in a half hour at all my appointments so far!

Married 25th November 2010

Formerly mrsfago

jewellb
Woloholic

Postby jewellb » Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 pm

thats good to hear, thats the main reason i am going sp, i dont care what kind of room im in, of course it would be lovely to be in private room but id prefer to put the money to a nice buggie!!!!! :lvs
First IVF
2 extraordinary embryos transferred 8th may, OTD 22nd may!!! 1 bun in the oven !!
BFP !!!!!!!!!!

littlemisshopeful
Ultimate Wolly

Postby littlemisshopeful » Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 pm

I am public and was last time as well under Prof MacAuliffe. She is very pleasant but a tough cookie when it comes to you wanting things your way. I had emergency section last time when induction failed and DS was born 16 days overdue. This time I want an elective section and I have some fight on my hands. She doesn't want to do it before 41 weeks. She is very nice though. I also have been seen a good bit both times by Shane Higgins and he is extremely nice and very good. When in delivery last time the consultant on call was Stephen Carroll and he decided on my section and he seemed very nice, although I didn't see him for long. Dr Foley is very good but has an appalling manner, so I would avoid him.

John Walsh Guitar
ttc2012
Major Wolly

Postby ttc2012 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm

littlemisshopeful wrote:I am public and was last time as well under Prof MacAuliffe. She is very pleasant but a tough cookie when it comes to you wanting things your way. I had emergency section last time when induction failed and DS was born 16 days overdue. This time I want an elective section and I have some fight on my hands. She doesn't want to do it before 41 weeks. She is very nice though. I also have been seen a good bit both times by Shane Higgins and he is extremely nice and very good. When in delivery last time the consultant on call was Stephen Carroll and he decided on my section and he seemed very nice, although I didn't see him for long. Dr Foley is very good but has an appalling manner, so I would avoid him.

2 family members had Stephen Carroll, he is meant to be great :-)

jewellb
Woloholic

Postby jewellb » Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 am

thats good to hear ttc, as the when i rang to book in the girl said prof mc'aulife just does public or private so she gave me s carroll, she said i may get changed to prof if they feel i would be more suited to her.
its all very mind boggling i was given appointments for 12 weeks and then another for a month later to see the doctor and then a number to ring to book a big scan, and then was told to go to a lecture on nutrition when i was 10 weeks!!! please god i will reach all these mile stones !!!!!! :lvs :lvs
First IVF
BFP !!!!!!!!!!

juicytube2
Mini Wolly

Postby juicytube2 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm

It can be overwhelming at first if its your first time, Im doing it for the second time and although lo is only 1yr it feels like Ive forgotten everything!!
Girls, I have created a closed group facebook page for us January 2013 members. If you would like to join it, PM me your name and i will add you as a friend :D

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Sueinred
New Wolly

Postby Sueinred » Tue May 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi,

I would recommend Dr. Shane Higgins. He is a lovely man, takes his time to explain things.

Shane Higgins delivered my second baby last year. I had a premature birth on my first girl and there were other complications.

It all worked out in the end, but it was a very stressful birth. So second time around I decided to go with a consultant to be safe.

Shane Higgins also has a preterm clinic that is so helpful.

Best of luck!! :xox

Go to Pregnancy & Babies