Why are baby blankets and sheets so expensive?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
Have you noticed how expensive blankets and shetts are for babies?? Does anyone know where is best to buy? Every single baby shop I go into - sheet about 25 euro for cost and very thin blankets about 25 - is it just me or is that very dear?
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
If you live in or near Dublin, I heard that Guineys on Talbot Street do baby sheets and blankets for really cheap. I luckily got some hand-me-downs in perfect order from my sis in law. :wv
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
Yeah guineys have cot blankets and sheets ranging from €3 - €10. Muslin squares are also quite cheap. I will be going in soon to pick some up.
thanks girls!! Im going to Dublin Friday week
Spooner Posts: 274
I got some blankets in Guineys before DD was born and to be honest I don't find them as good as the ones that I got in mothercare. I know that the ones I got in MC were more expensive but they are larger and they don't shed lint like the Guiney's ones do. I got sheets in Guineys and they are grand. Got nice blankets in Dunnes, they wash really well and they are chenille so they are nice and soft and air can circulate too.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
I bought the cot sheets and blankets that I will be bringing to the hospital with me in Guineys cos I've been told that they often, ehem, "go missing" in the hospital. I'll buy some of the dearer better ones for when I'm at home cos I'll be using them a lot and for a lot longer.
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Hi Livdec2007, I got blankets in Penny's. They are cream coloured and are lovely and soft. Smyths and Babyworld on the Tuam Road do baby elegance sheets and blankets and they are not that dear. Have a look there over the weekend. You could always use flananette pillow cases as well if you have a pram or a crib.
god girls - do you have to bring sheets and blankets into the hospital??!!
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i diddnit bring sheets but i will for my next lo as i thought the sheets were realy awful realy old. dunnes do have a lovely blankets too and very affordable, i bought a few from mamas and papaa too so pricey got some in dunnes and guineys too.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Has anyone got fitted sheets. DD keeps pulling the flat sheets up when she's asleep. I've tried using flannel sheets for a single bed but my back is broke from tucking them it. Way too much bending required.