why are mothers so interferring?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nutcake Posts: 1168
O:| if its not my fmil trying to tell us who to bring people to our wedding its my mother trying to bring someone i dont want to my hen!!! im cracking up but also upset
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
tell 'em you're going to a nude painting class followed by jelly mud wrestling.. they'll soon back out >:o)
adorabelle Posts: 880
...its not just Mothers.....I love my FMIL but sometimes....I got handed a list today of 19 friends she wants to invite (not including family) - we are only inviting 80 in total to the entire wedding :o0 she's gas!
Daff Posts: 11644
My MIL gave me a list of friends she wanted to invite to my Hen!!! :ooh But she's a total weapon - long list of things she did - I'm going to write a best seller some day with the stuff she's done! Needless to say she was told only one friend, and that was one chosen by me whom I liked. MIL and SIL then sat there for the evening not talking to me or anyone else with a sulk on their face - hope she isn't wondering why she wasn't at my baby shower!!! :o0
....she told me today that she is going to have a party for us in the Summer with all of her friends and make a speech apologising that they cant all come to the wedding, I was like eh please dont do that I'd be morto but she wants to.... :o0 I love her but she is a force to be reckoned with and my HTB is the blue eyed boy!!!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
[quote="adorabelle":sn057yei]....she told me today that she is going to have a party for us in the Summer with all of her friends and make a speech apologising that they cant all come to the wedding, I was like eh please dont do that I'd be morto but she wants to.... :o0 I love her but she is a force to be reckoned with and my HTB is the blue eyed boy!!![/quote:sn057yei] WTF?? I hope you told her your washing your neighbours dog that day!!! The cheek!!!
I told HTB he can go and face that - I wont be going.....imagine the shame and embarrisment!!
JDD Posts: 1316
For a start, I'm inviting neither my mother nor my FMIL to my hen weekend. I told my mother that if she wanted to go, she could, but I intend on being quite drunk and if she has issue with that, she'd have to keep schtum. She said she'd prefer not to go, thank god. FMIL lives in the UK, so she won't be coming, though if she lived in Ireland she'd certainly try to attend. I'd be having none of it though. Now, having said that, I bet if I put my mother up against your mother, mine would get the overall Hall of Fame prize for interference. When myself and H2B had the audacity to book a venue that her and my father had yet to view, they FLEW TO THE UK to stay three nights in the hotel. And then came back with a list as long as your arm of things that were wrong with the place. So far, she has voiced her opinion on the following (and you can imagine her opinion has differed to mine): a) the location of the wedding; b) the venue (including their inferior cutlery. Seriously. Cutlery); c) the location for the civil ceremony; d) inviting children to the wedding; e) inviting extended family to the wedding; f) my dress g) my choice of bridesmaids dress h) my choice of bridesmaids i) how I should wear my hair j) how I must lose weight before the wedding k) the menu choices And I'm still 7 months from my wedding. That being said, I'm well used to her, I nod, I argue sometimes, but I continue to do whatever I want to do. She knows it, I know it. This enables me to not kill her, and to even be quite fond of her at times (Iol).
Oh dear JDD, I dont feel as bad about mine now.... How do you cope???
nutcake Posts: 1168
im glad ti know im not alone :o0